PS3 slim out this Fall

According to Bit-Tech

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2009/07/01/rumour-ps3-slim-in-production-for-august-la/1

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
According to Taiwanese site UDN (Translation: here), the rumoured Sony PS3 Slim has entered production and the first units off the production line will start shipping to Sony this month.

Sony has reportedly signed manufacturing agreements with Foxconn and Pegatron to build the new model in time for a July delivery.

If this holds true, it's likely that the PS3 Slim will be released in time to coincide with the rumoured price cuts in August.

Adding further fuel to that fire, Ars Technica reckons that the 80GB PS3 will become increasingly scarce over the next few months - there's only about 60 days of inventory left of this model, according to Ars' source.

[/quote]

What do think people, Excited?

It's gonna be expensive

^What makes you say that?

Not excited.. since i already have the fat version

And PS3 slim is a rumor, nothing official confirmed by sony am i right?

I think if there was a slim ps3 releasing they would've shown it at E3

Not excited… since i already have the fat version

And PS3 slim is a rumor, nothing official confirmed by sony am i right?

I think if there was a slim ps3 releasing they would’ve shown it at E3

[/quote]

Hello, Read the article above

Even if they do release ps3 slim, it wont be a big deal, instead, i think they should start working on ps4.

Even if they do release ps3 slim, it wont be a big deal, instead, i think they should start working on ps4.
[/quote]

And release Bluray 2 with 1TB space

or

release a new processor called "Bi curious engine chip " (Making fun of emotion engine chip)

^.... Why do i have to face all the aggressive people.......

Anyways I dont think they need anything like "Blueray 2", all they need is to upgrade their G.E.

Hello, Read the article above

[/quote]

Yes i did. Read the headline :)

"Rumour: PS3 Slim in production for August release"

And from the same page:

“If the rumours are true and the PS3 Slim is in production, we expect it to be released in August.”

^^^ Rumor.

Rumor:

1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.

2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

;)

Sony are releasing the PSP Go which is a advanced version of PSP, They showed it at E3. Why would they not show a PS3 slim at E3 if they were working on it? Infact there were many rumors before E3 that Sony's big news will be PS3 slim but instead it was PSP go.

Sony are releasing the PSP Go which is a advanced version of PSP
[/quote]

Thanks for mentioning.

Nice work by Sony.

nothing new..PSP go is the same as PSP SLIM except increase in screen's brightness and more space....nothing extraordinary..why should they release something extraordinary now when they have cash-in PSP slim..@@??

^What makes you say that?
[/quote]

When ps2 slim was released, it was more expensive than the fat one

So, this might be expensive too, the ps3 fat is already much expensive, why should go for a slim

When ps2 slim was released, it was more expensive than the fat one

So, this might be expensive too, the ps3 fat is already much expensive, why should go for a slim

[/quote]

Exactly. :)

Its official:

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/08/18/sony-announces-ps3-slim/1

GamesCom 2009: It may be one of the most expected announcements of the year, if not ever, but taking to the stage in the official Sony press conference just before the official opening of GamesCom in Cologne, Sony boss Kazuo Hirai confirmed the PlayStation 3 Slim.

No surprises there, but what was pretty shocking was the speed with which Sony plans to have the PS3 Slim on shelves – promising global availability in the first week of September, though exact dates will vary by country.

Speaking at the show, Kazuo Hirai said that it was hugely important for Sony to not “just follow the existing patterns of the industry” and commented that the PS3 Slim indicated Sony’s attempt to set its own patterns.

We got a quick chance to have a look at the PlayStation 3 Slim and it certainly manages to live up to its name, proving a notable reduction on the monolithic PS3 original – even if most of that comes from just eliminating the curved surfaces. According to official figures the PS3 Slim will be 32 percent smaller, 36 percent lighter and use 34 percent less power than the existing PlayStation 3 models – though Sony wouldn’t stray into the specifics of the hardware. It also does away with the shiny finish, favouring a new matte feel.

In regards to the retail specifics, the only SKU of the PS3 Slim that was actually announced was the 120GB model that Sony had on show.

Commenting on prices, Hirai said “the number to bear in mind is 2...9...9”, later elaborating on his double-talk to reveal a launch price of 299 Euros and 299 USD. We tried to wrangle a UK price out of the PRs in the after-party, but smoother talkers than we proved an insurmountable barrier. Speaking in the official announcement however Hirai did say that the 299 figure would also be applied to other PS3 models.

[/quote]

sony is running things from now on just check their line up for 2009.....its a wrap for Microsoft........its rumored They are planning to replace 360...

[/quote]

sony plans to give the ps3 a 8-10 year Run so don’t worry its here to stay ;)

sony is running things from now on just check their line up for 2009…its a wrap for Microsoft…its rumored They are planning to replace 360…
[/quote]

whose planning to replace 360 and with what? :S…

Anyway, This new PS3 slim if it is like any of those images, Its beyond crap !

PS3 Slim unboxing

they should have introduced the price cut earlier instead of wasting money on developing a slim PS3...I mean what did Sony's research tell them that people are not buying more PS3s because its fat? that they didn't have enough space in their cramped living rooms? :/

and maybe they should facilitate the development community by reducing development costs...PS3 needs AAA titles not new gimmicky hardware that happens to have pretty much the same specs. as before...

and what an ugly logo:

256px-PS3_Slim_Logo.jpg

well I guess it goes with the ugly console :P

sony plans to give the ps3 a 8-10 year Run so don't worry its here to stay ;)
[/quote]

so at minimum we expect the PS3 to be there till 2014? MS will probably release the Xbox 720 or whatever way before that, there's no way the 8 year old PS3 would be able to keep up with that...