PS3 (Pal or NTSC?)

I am confused about the version of PS3 that I should go for. I want one whose games are compatible with the system and are readily available. I know that the games are region free but there are compatibility issues with some of the games e.g GTA Pal vs NTSC and Vice Versa.

I remember from the times of Mega Drive, we only had Pal versions of consoles available in PK. But the guys I contacted said that we have NTSC (costing approx PKR 40k) and Pal and J systems (costing approx PKR 32k). I just want to be sure that the console I buy has no compatibility issues with games on a standard analogue TV. Hope this is not asking for too much! :)

(I asked this on another string but I think the topic wasn't relevant that's why I had to create a new topic for it hoping to get a response this time)

Cheers,

specifically what Console you should go for, No one will tell you exactly.

but may be some of the users here can provide you the information which games are available in market. other wise keep the following information in mind and make your own choice.

all of the three things impact on it.

The Game

The Console

and

The TV.

PAL Game + PAL Console + PAL TV. (SUPPORTED)

NTSC GAME (Region Free, Blu-Ray) + Any Region NTSC CONSOLE + NTSC TV (SUPPORTED)

NTSC GAME (Region Coded DVD) + Matching Region NTSC CONSOLE + NTSC TV (SUPPORTED)

(if NTSC, then TVs must have NTSC 4.43)

and about GTA 4, I guess the GTA 4 is not supported on lower resolution. so it might not work on SDTV.

the above information is not my own derived. this is just research work at level of my knowledge and some what experience. some one might make any objection, if I am wrong. and if he has a good information about that.

(The PS3 -- I HAVE NOT USED THAT ANY WAY)