PS3 or Xbox360

Hi Guys,

I purchased Xbox 360 a year back but it was messed up (RROD) so i sold it.Now GTA 4 is releasing and i love this game so i will have to purchase console again..Which console would you recommend?Money is not an issue so please tell from gaming prospective.I heard few months ago that Xbox 360 now comes with some falcon thing which stops RROD issue..Is it true?Whats the price of Best PS3 with large hard drive and what's the price of Xbox 360 Elite.

Thanks!

the xbox elte has no extra features other than the HDMI port and bigger hard drive

and secondly speakin from a game buyyin perspective games for the 360 have been cracked and u can buy them pirated while games for the PS3 u will have to buy the original versions which cost alot

Well, that's not the problem.I can purchase/afford 1-2 original games per month but i will most probably only purchase 1 Game (GTA4) as i don't play games.The only game I've played in my life is GTA.

offtopic is gta4 going to be released for ps2?

dont know much abt the consoles but i know 1 thing that ..

Xbox 360 = 8800 GT (Graphic Card)

PS3 = 8800 Ultra (Graphic Card)

and there is 1 problem also included in PS3 that it has "average Quality of Sound" not sooo much gud :( .

just know these 2 things abt console Gaming ! :$

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

dont know much abt the consoles but i know 1 thing that …

Xbox 360 = 8800 GT (Graphic Card)

PS3 = 8800 Ultra (Graphic Card)

and there is 1 problem also included in PS3 that it has “average Quality of Sound” not sooo much gud :( .

just know these 2 things abt console Gaming ! :blush:

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.I don’t really care about sound.I just want a console which works fine without any problems even if i use it 24/7.My brother used to play a lot on xbox 360 and then it died because of RROD :(.

ps3 is the future

Do something every time you can't decide. Buy both ;)

I would have said get a PS3, but as you will only play GTA4 then price wise;

360 - Rs.22,000(console) Rs.80(GTA4) Total Rs.22,080

PS3 - Rs.28,000(I'm not too sure about price) Rs.4,000(GTA) Total Rs.32,000

But then again money isn't an issue. Then the decision is up to you.

Money not an issue? Go for the PS3. There's one thing that the PS3 gurantees and that is reliability. With only 1% failure rate while the Xbox 360 having a 33% failure rate and me myself falling prey to the XBox 360 RROD.. I would suggest PS3 all the way. I have the PS3 since an year now and never ever have i had even a single problem with it.

Seriously, go for the PS3. MGS4 also coming up, and that wont be on the 360 and MGS4 is going to be one hell of a game. So buy Gta4 and also buy MGS4 which is due out in mid june.

I will purchase PS3 tomorrow.Which model is best?If my brother buy PS3 Games from Canada (He is in Canada and send them to me via fedex.These games will work on my PS3?).Is there any region lock on games?I also have PSP can i stream movies etc from PS3 on PSP?

Thanks

If my brother purchases from Canada (He is in Canada and send them to me via fedex.These games will work on my PS3?).
[/quote]

that would be better coz dealers here are fraud

GTA IV on PS3 is reported to be suffering from freezing problem. Not all users have reported this but in the coming days it could be more as sales will increase.

Well I don't know I can say I would get a 360, but as far as GTA4 PS3 is probably the better console. PS3 has lower loading times and less pop ins.

I will purchase PS3 tomorrow.Which model is best?If my brother buy PS3 Games from Canada (He is in Canada and send them to me via fedex.These games will work on my PS3?).Is there any region lock on games?I also have PSP can i stream movies etc from PS3 on PSP?

Thanks

[/quote]

Get the 80gb version. There isnt any model which is the best really… its just a matter of how big a harddisk you want. i’d go with the 80gb version because it has Wifi and Card readers but if you dont need those features then dont get the 80gb.

For PSP streaming, Hell Yeah !! You can stream all videos and pictures and songs from your PS3 to your PSP. I do that all the time. In addition, i have got My computer and my PS3 on the same network through a DSL router (which is wireless but i made a Wired connection with the PS3 and the router though) and through that network i can share all my videos on my PS3 and stream them on my PS3 through windows media player sharing. Hence i can stream then on my PS3 and hence i can also stream my videos on my PC on my PSP. I stream my PS3 on to the PSP and then use the PSP to control the PS3 to play video files from my computer. Lol… its fun.

There are no Region Locks for the PS3. Thats what i know.

Also, Isnt GTA 4 released today? According to wikipedia today is the launch date. So i dont really know how can people already come out with Freezing issues on the PS3. The game was out for the 360 on torrents a few days back. The PS3 version is released today so i think that this freezing issue is just a rumor.

Thanks Alamode.I am going to Pace now and I will purchase PS3 80 GB.Will update this thread later on!

Thanks

@ SECC

i have both ps3 and xbox 360 and ps3 is the superioir machine. i have ordered my gta 4 for ps3 and it should be here in three days. for hardcore gta fan PS should always be the only option.

if you can offord ps3 games then go for ps3. I bought ps3 last year and was gutted when, just after 2 days, I heard that gta4 was delayed ... but I am gonna have it. :D:D

Good Luck :D..

Where exactly is Pace by the way ?

I just want a console which works fine without any problems even if i use it 24/7.My brother used to play a lot on xbox 360 and then it died because of RROD :(.
[/quote]

then wat are u waiting fOr ?? :o go for " PS3 " and buy its Orignal and Highest Level Version ;) !! (i dont abt Ps3 Version’s :s )

that would be better coz dealers here are fraud

[/quote]

Agree with Saad !