guys i m having a strange problem, i bought my q9400 a few months back from a PG member, till then i am having strange problems,
1. after installing on my dp35dpm it didnt showed me the correct specs in bios so upgraded my bios and my board get dead, i claimed it for warranty and still waiting for getting it back
2. I purchased another dg41rq and placed my q9400 on it, it worked fine for few days, the idle temperature was 45 and on load it was around 65-70 in june-july which i guess was not a big issue. after few days working on 3ds max, when on load it got restarts, while the temp was not acceding 70. as i was using a pirated windows 7 with update enabled so i thought its a windows issue.
3. I replaced it with my old e4500 and installed xp on it and it was flawless again.
4. now again i put back the q9400 on the board, installed the window, every thing working fine, temp is 40-45 idle and 60 on load.
5. but the problem is now while starting the system when the windows xp loads (show the blue bar under xp logo) my system gets restarts. after many restarts attempts windows starts normal and every thing works perfect again.