Problem with line rate,Plz help

I am a PTCL DSL 1mbps user,i live in a remote area and their are no other user here so i consider myself lucky even to get a stable DSL signal but i have some doubts that i have problem with my port at PTCL as my sync speed is usually higher then my package speed but my line rate won't go up to my full package bandwidth! the following are the current stats of my line.

:)

Statistics -- ADSL

Mode: READSL2

Type: Interleave

Line Coding: Trellis On

Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 6.4 14.7

Attenuation (dB): 76.5 40.5

Output Power (dBm): 19.3 10.9

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 1060 446 _____________(its okay for me as i am a 1mbps user)

Rate (Kbps): 671 254 ____________(why i am not getting my package speed if its attainable)

K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 14 12

R (number of check bytes in RS code word): 16 16

S (RS code word size in DMT frame): 16 16

D (interleaver depth): 2 1

Delay (msec): 8 4

Super Frames: 1129815 1187203

Super Frame Errors: 635 0

RS Words: 7202574 3286179

RS Correctable Errors: 2475 0

RS Uncorrectable Errors: 1468 N/A

HEC Errors: 470 13921

OCD Errors: 0 0

LCD Errors: 0 0

Total Cells: 30078925 3962165445

Data Cells: 19153387 1810868169

Bit Errors: 0 454815

Total ES: 319 1746

Total SES: 138 237

Total UAS: 219 15174535

I know y connection is screwed because of poor netwrk and remote area but i used to get upto 2100 sync rate once so i just want to find out is it the wire or the port at xchange?

You are not getting upto your package speed because your Noise Margins and Attenuation are screwed up!

Probably a bad pair from Cabinet if it used to be 2100 before.

Looks like you are using Reach port? I never knew PTCL provide Reach Modems .

Mode: READSL2 ? change to G.DMT and see if that works.

G.DMT is anabled and yeah another thing i forgot to mention is that my phone line is crystal clear and their is not humming or distortion.i know that frequencies for DSL are completely different that of the telephony services but i was wondering that is their a possibility that i have a good for nothing port at my exchange and its the reason i

p.s i am using

FibreHome AN-1020-25 with wifi.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

G.DMT is anabled and yeah another thing i forgot to mention is that my phone line is crystal clear and their is not humming or distortion.i know that frequencies for DSL are completely different that of the telephony services but i was wondering that is their a possibility that i have a good for nothing port at my exchange and its the reason i

p.s i am using

FibreHome AN-1020-25 with wifi.

[/quote]

not a port issue…its totally a pair issue…lemme explain…when it says it can attain 1M then it means with tht certain rate and SNR it can give 1M…tht further means if ur modem gets synced at 1M then ur SNR will go in negative…ur attenuation won’t allow u to get any more then this…but if u get hold of the lineman u can get ur pairs fixed…then theres a brighter probability for u to get full 1M!

Your stats are much similar to mine. The reason for low rate, high attenuation, low SNR is the long loop length (length of cable from exchange to your modem). I calculated this length by using Google Earth and it was more than 6 km. For distance like this, only READSL (Reach Extended ADSL) modulation can hold the connection. If the modem connects in other modulations like ADSL2, ADSL2+, G.DMT etc. then it will frequently disconnect (remember I am talking about long loop length).

Any modem that supports 'Annex L modulation' is a Reach modem, like ZTE ZXDSL 831 II.

adsllinestatisticsnov17.jpg

O! i am much frustrated by the PTCL network,i wish i had any choice other then change my location!! which can't happen easily. In my area when some where some cable is cut or damaged by somebody like sui northern gas they come and just connect that pair which are in use and then bury them in ground without any water proofing.i don't know what the management of ptcl is playing at!!!

Your stats are much similar to mine. The reason for low rate, high attenuation, low SNR is the long loop length (length of cable from exchange to your modem). I calculated this length by using Google Earth and it was more than 6 km. For distance like this, only READSL (Reach Extended ADSL) modulation can hold the connection. If the modem connects in other modulations like ADSL2, ADSL2+, G.DMT etc. then it will frequently disconnect (remember I am talking about long loop length).

Any modem that supports ‘Annex L modulation’ is a Reach modem, like ZTE ZXDSL 831 II.

adsllinestatisticsnov17.jpg

[/quote]

Your pair is weak. Here are my stats (just got my pair temporarily fixed for the weekend)

Statistics – ADSL+

Mode: ADSL2+

Type: Interleave

Line Coding: Trellis On

Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 9.3 9.0

Attenuation (dB): 63.5 37.0

Output Power (dBm): 20.0 12.6

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 3549 834

Rate (Kbps): 2934 868

Oh & its very stable. Will not DC unless SNR goes below 4.

lineman takes money (bribe) for changing pair and still there is no surety that he will not replace it again for someone else

lineman takes money (bribe) for changing pair and still there is no surety that he will not replace it again for someone else
[/quote]

This is the real issue, whenever I report my complain as solved, they change my pair back. :(

This is the real issue, whenever I report my complain as solved, they change my pair back. :(

[/quote]

i wish i had the power to implement some changes in PTCL field staff policy. i would fire all of these f**kers! :</p>

@StrikerX

You were quite right. Today, the linemen were working at the pole near my house and now I'm getting better rates. I think they have changed the pair or probably the whole DP; not sure because I didn't ask them about it.

adsllinestatisticsnov27.jpg

@StrikerX

You were quite right. Today, the linemen were working at the pole near my house and now I’m getting better rates. I think they have changed the pair or probably the whole DP; not sure because I didn’t ask them about it.

[/quote]

Better now but still lodge in a complaint to change your pair & drop wire. Your DS SNR is quite low.