Problem with dsl

Assalam O Alikum,

Recently i had problem which i was unable to solve .... now i finally connected my phone line (Black copper wire) into the ethernet wire and from there i split telephone and modem through splitter.. I am still receiving the same snr which i was receiving while my concealed line was connected. 8.0/8.0 it sometimes gets 9.0/34.0 that happened in concealed line too . I am still confused what could be the problem.

tell us the problem. leave snr etc... what problem you are facing. and plzz paste modem status

ADSL Line State

Current ADSL Line State

ADSL Mode Setup G.DMT Annex Type Setup ANNEX A

Current ADSL Mode G.DMT Current Annex State ANNEX_A

ADSL Up Time 3:59:00 System Up Time 12:58:57

Downstream Rate 1760 Upstream Rate 480

Latency Type Interleaved Line Coding trellis on

SNR Margin US/DS 8.0 / 13.0 Line Attenuation US/DS 29.0 / 38.5

Power US/DS 10.0 / 19.5 Attainable Down Speed 2048

Link Up Times 17 Line State Showtime

Statistics Downstream Upstream

K 56 16

R 16 16

S 2 8

D 32 2

Super Frames 841731 841731

Super Frame Errors 21 0

RS Words 28618854 7154713

RS Correctable Errors 8482 4

RS Uncorrectable Errors 22 0

HEC Errors 70 0

LCD Errors 0 0

the problem i am facing is that after connecting my dsl thorugh main line . I am still getting the snr which i use to get while my dsl was connected with concealed line... The Dsl is getting dc each time there is a phone call.. And Dsl is getting dc within 1 hour or less than an hour!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

ADSL Line State

Current ADSL Line State

ADSL Mode Setup G.DMT Annex Type Setup ANNEX A

Current ADSL Mode G.DMT Current Annex State ANNEX_A

ADSL Up Time 3:59:00 System Up Time 12:58:57

Downstream Rate 1760 Upstream Rate 480

Latency Type Interleaved Line Coding trellis on

SNR Margin US/DS 8.0 / 13.0 Line Attenuation US/DS 29.0 / 38.5

Power US/DS 10.0 / 19.5 Attainable Down Speed 2048

Link Up Times 17 Line State Showtime

Statistics Downstream Upstream

K 56 16

R 16 16

S 2 8

D 32 2

Super Frames 841731 841731

Super Frame Errors 21 0

RS Words 28618854 7154713

RS Correctable Errors 8482 4

RS Uncorrectable Errors 22 0

HEC Errors 70 0

LCD Errors 0 0

[/quote]

Wats ur package? and one more thing instead of joing the blackwire with ethernet or concealed wire, the concept is to get the ethernet wire connected direct to the DP/pole without any joints. tht will help u with the margin problem…if u r on a 1Mbps package then ur stats r pretty OKAY!..

there is somewrong with your jumper setting in exchange. call to 1218 and tell them ur problem or complaint over web on www.ptcl.com.pk . bcoz ptcl is giving 1mbps package and then 4mbps. but your package is neither 1 nor 4mbps.

Actually mazahyr i connected ethernetwire direct to dp/pole without any joints. From there i ran my dsl without splitter it was giving same snr margin which i was getting while connected with concealed. And sometimes the snr is ausam... That was the case with concealed line too... I am unable to figure out what is the problem .. Farrukhalvi i am having 1mb connection.. I asked a dsl man that why is my downstream to much . they say it doesn't matter whatever downstream is comming you are connected to 1mb profile.

Try to use new splitter and reset your modem settings to default and make connection again.

Try to use new splitter and reset your modem settings to default and make connection again.
[/quote]

I have tried all these things before. its not solving the issue… What could be the problem?

select g.dmt mode only and uncheck all other options.

select g.dmt mode only and uncheck all other options.
[/quote]

its not the issue…get ur lineman and ask him to change ur pair…either ur pair is weak or has a rusted secondary or primary pair…get it shifted to a newer or better pair…ur pair on bckend is i guess gud…

Farrukhalvi i am having 1mb connection… I asked a dsl man that why is my downstream to much . they say it doesn’t matter whatever downstream is comming you are connected to 1mb profile.
[/quote]

thts wat i’m trying to tell Mr.Farrukhalvi in repeated posts tht port bandwidth was an old concept…we here have latest updates from inside…and please update ur’s as well…the new way of providing bandwidth is not through the sync rate its actually ur package at the AAA(authentication server at PTCL) wat ever is ur package same speed u’ll get. now the ports of all packages have been set to slightly above wat the package is…so tht the customer could get the maximum of its package…e.g if a customer is set on 1Mbps and his port is also set at 1024/256 tht means including line loses he will get around 800KBPS, but if the sync rate is 1524 or let say 4096/1024 then that customer will get exact and complete bandwidth regardless of line losses i.e 128Kb/s download all tyms…so i hope u’ll get this new layout of PTCL. Why this has been done??? thts becoz recently ports were misused, some were using IPTV their ports were set to 4096/1024 but ven they terminated tht IPTV their ports were not reverted according to their package…eventually they started using the 4Mbps bandwidth while paying for 1Mbps…reported customer even used 6M on this concept…so to prevent it these measure have been taken…hope u got the point.!

Please tell me how can i solve my disconnection problem... My snr some times come 9.0/34.0 and most of the time it is 8.0/8.0 ..

:( no matter whether i connect from dp pole to direct dsl or with concealed line

Which pair mazahyr will he change .. And how much would he charge?

What will the pair do?

dsl guy came my home & then he called to set my line profile 4MBps. Now see what my stats looks like:

Modem Status

Connection Status Connected

Ds Rate (Kbps) 967

Us Rate (Kbps) 776

DS Margin 10 (even on margin 16-20, i get dcs -.-')

US Margin 9

DS Line Attenuation 43

US Line Attenuation 26

Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus

LOS Errors 0

Peak Cell Rate 1830 cells per sec

CRC Rx Fast 0

CRC Tx Fast 0

CRC Rx Interleaved 8

CRC Tx Interleaved 3

Path Mode Interleaved

every time I call them, they say my line parameters are weak so they to change my pair, but sadly it never gets fixed. 2months of this problem :/

Edit 2:

Forgot to mention that if phone is in use, I get full speed, that is 4096 & 987

thts wat i’m trying to tell Mr.Farrukhalvi in repeated posts tht port bandwidth was an old concept…we here have latest updates from inside…and please update ur’s as well…the new way of providing bandwidth is not through the sync rate its actually ur package at the AAA(authentication server at PTCL) wat ever is ur package same speed u’ll get. now the ports of all packages have been set to slightly above wat the package is…so tht the customer could get the maximum of its package…e.g if a customer is set on 1Mbps and his port is also set at 1024/256 tht means including line loses he will get around 800KBPS, but if the sync rate is 1524 or let say 4096/1024 then that customer will get exact and complete bandwidth regardless of line losses i.e 128Kb/s download all tyms…so i hope u’ll get this new layout of PTCL. Why this has been done??? thts becoz recently ports were misused, some were using IPTV their ports were set to 4096/1024 but ven they terminated tht IPTV their ports were not reverted according to their package…eventually they started using the 4Mbps bandwidth while paying for 1Mbps…reported customer even used 6M on this concept…so to prevent it these measure have been taken…hope u got the point.!

[/quote]

MR. MAZHYAR I am phd in this matter. and plzz dont try to tell me anything. all u r saying is wrong. but phir bhi aap gumrah kerte rehen logon ko me nehi rokta.

Its Ok Farrukhalvi And Mazahyr Chill down. Just tell me how can i permanently solve this problem!

dsl guy came my home & then he called to set my line profile 4MBps. Now see what my stats looks like:

Modem Status

Connection Status Connected

Ds Rate (Kbps) 967

Us Rate (Kbps) 776

DS Margin 10 (even on margin 16-20, i get dcs -.-’)

US Margin 9

DS Line Attenuation 43

US Line Attenuation 26

Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus

LOS Errors 0

Peak Cell Rate 1830 cells per sec

CRC Rx Fast 0

CRC Tx Fast 0

CRC Rx Interleaved 8

CRC Tx Interleaved 3

Path Mode Interleaved

every time I call them, they say my line parameters are weak so they to change my pair, but sadly it never gets fixed. 2months of this problem :confused:

Edit 2:

Forgot to mention that if phone is in use, I get full speed, that is 4096 & 987

[/quote]

ask him to change the port and the pair. It is defiantly a pair issue. Talk with your SDO.

MR. MAZHYAR I am phd in this matter. and plzz dont try to tell me anything. all u r saying is wrong. but phir bhi aap gumrah kerte rehen logon ko me nehi rokta.

[/quote]

LMAO^23!!!..anyways i doubt ur Ph.D and consider it same as of Babar Awan’s…Go sweep back to some older posts made by the PTCL TR firecruz and u’ll come to know.

so @omer1st…as i told u before…only the solution to ur line is the lineman…get him and ask him to change pair from cabinet and DP…and grease his palm with 2-300Rs not more than that.

Actually I was thinking instead of greasing his palm . I should install a new phone line worth rs 500.

What do u say?