Problem with Dsl... How to fix it... Please help

Assalam O Alikum ,

I am using 1mb package of ptcl dsl... My modem is zxdsl 831c11.. The problem i am facing is actually a lot of disconnection... My Modem Stats Are:

ADSL Line State

Current ADSL Line State

ADSL Mode Setup Auto Sync-Up Annex Type Setup ANNEX A/L

Current ADSL Mode ADSL2 PLUS Current Annex State ANNEX_A

ADSL Up Time 0:26:20 System Up Time 1:00:33

Downstream Rate 3764 Upstream Rate 998

Latency Type Interleaved Line Coding trellis on

SNR Margin US/DS 5.8 / 6.2 Line Attenuation US/DS 18.4 / 31.0

Power US/DS 10.3 / 0.0 Attainable Down Speed 4964

Link Up Times 9 Line State Showtime

Actually there was splitter problem in ramadan.. One of our worker just mess around with all wires... I have a concealed line... Today the ptcl employee came and checked my dsl... When i connect the main line in my dsl without phone using splitter i get good snr like us 10.0 and ds 34.0. And When i connect phone line in splitter it suddenly drops to 6.0 both... I Dunno What the problem is but phone wire has some 6 type of wires in it like ethernet .. Whats the problem please can someone help .. Which Pair would be used for phone from that wire . The wire is going downstairs in one of the rooms.. :( My main line and wires are all on Chhat.

use seprate connection for dsl and separate for phone line otherwise sit with these snr s

Please elaborate what u want to say i have separated them thorough splitter. But i cant understand what u are trying to say... Someone please help!

go to 192.168.1.1 user name : admin password : admin

to to Advanced>WAN> go to ADSL connection settings(line mode) and then tick only G.dmt and uncheck all others ..reboot ur modem....u'll face less disconnections and hopefully make ur stats better...give it a shot..

You can fix the problem by disconnecting it permanently :D. Jokes aside, I think you should consider other alternatives as well. Despite the fact that their rates are the lowest, their QOS is also the lowest denominator in the industry.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Assalam O Alikum ,

I am using 1mb package of ptcl dsl… My modem is zxdsl 831c11… The problem i am facing is actually a lot of disconnection… My Modem Stats Are:

ADSL Line State

Current ADSL Line State

ADSL Mode Setup Auto Sync-Up Annex Type Setup ANNEX A/L

Current ADSL Mode ADSL2 PLUS Current Annex State ANNEX_A

ADSL Up Time 0:26:20 System Up Time 1:00:33

Downstream Rate 3764 Upstream Rate 998

Latency Type Interleaved Line Coding trellis on

SNR Margin US/DS 5.8 / 6.2 Line Attenuation US/DS 18.4 / 31.0

Power US/DS 10.3 / 0.0 Attainable Down Speed 4964

Link Up Times 9 Line State Showtime

Actually there was splitter problem in ramadan… One of our worker just mess around with all wires… I have a concealed line… Today the ptcl employee came and checked my dsl… When i connect the main line in my dsl without phone using splitter i get good snr like us 10.0 and ds 34.0. And When i connect phone line in splitter it suddenly drops to 6.0 both… I Dunno What the problem is but phone wire has some 6 type of wires in it like ethernet … Whats the problem please can someone help … Which Pair would be used for phone from that wire . The wire is going downstairs in one of the rooms… :( My main line and wires are all on Chhat.

[/quote]

Its a simple line configuration issue not PTCL’s but urs…from ur attenuation it seems ur line is some what gud supportive of 9Mbps if the wiring is straightened…now first try getting the telephone line from the DP/pole directly to ur place…try connecting ur modem to the nearst of tht drop wire…try splitting ur phone line from this point onwards…if u think your concealed wiring is okay then i guess u should figure out the pair on ur own “trial n Error” cuz tht ethernet wire used for concealed wiring is installed by u guys not PTCL. you can ask for assistance from the lineman…ask him to tell you which pair or line he has paired in the DP/pole(if ur concealed ethernet wire is directly connected to DP/pole) …so tht proper identification of ur pair could be made possible…you need to sort out this own your own…BTW ur stats seems awesome when it gets okay…lyk getting 31db SNR with modem synced on 4mbps is pretty awesome…!

Yipee i’m a gold member now!!!

Yaar If i Try to joint from that concealed wire one by one all pairs will that make effect on dsl... As if that all 6 wires are checked by making pair of 2 will there be any dial tone in phone.. Ptcl employee told me that if that was not the pair of concealed line then no dial tone would have been received if thats the case. Then are there any other solutions.... :S Damn SO confused . There was one private man who installed dsl wiring when i got connected my dsl.. He works in ptcl and does private work after his duty i think i should call him as he would know which wire to connect through that concealed line.. If that problem remains then i will get separate new line for dsl... But if u guyz know which pair to link do tell me :S

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yaar If i Try to joint from that concealed wire one by one all pairs will that make effect on dsl… As if that all 6 wires are checked by making pair of 2 will there be any dial tone in phone… Ptcl employee told me that if that was not the pair of concealed line then no dial tone would have been received if thats the case. Then are there any other solutions… :S Damn SO confused . There was one private man who installed dsl wiring when i got connected my dsl… He works in ptcl and does private work after his duty i think i should call him as he would know which wire to connect through that concealed line… If that problem remains then i will get separate new line for dsl… But if u guyz know which pair to link do tell me :S
[/quote]

Actually try to understand this point…u have configured it own ur own…there isn’t any standard or a universal colouring for phone lines…best way is to check the coloured pair thts going downstairs…now you shouldn’t be using tht one cause tht pair is not aligned in the DSL circuit which is DP/drop wire====>Splitter====>DSL/phone…now anything before splitter will make problems in ur DSL connectivity…i guess ur left with 4wires if u r using 3pair wire…one by one try identifying the pairs which have dial tone…now incase there are 2pairs containing Dial tone…connect ur modem to those pairs and check out the stats…i’m assuming this as wat u have written in ur previous post…do let me jknow where i’m going wrong…and try to elaborate ur telephone line’s concealed circuit again!!! and there’s no effect on DSL wat so ever…!

mazahyr mein nai abhe concealed line ka har taar dosrai taar sai match kar kai daikha . Kisi mein dial tone nai a rahi phone per only red and green per he a rahi hai Us ko laganay sai phone chalta hai per dsl kai stats he gir jatay hai :(

thts confirmed tht red pair is faulty...its copper has rusted or lived up its lyf....okay if u can get up to the main joint point...where PTCL drop wire from pole enters your home and is attached to the concealed wiring...! now there wat u need to do is simply change the current pair from red to some other pair lyk green or blue....now check the DSL stats..if still the problem persist try connecting ur wire directly without any splitter...if still nothing happens then u need to get a straight wire from pole to ur DSL directly in case to get gud stats...! and one more thing Roman Urdu according to Rules of WP is not allowed..

I have already told u that my dsl works perfect when i connect the main line through the dsl. The line which goes directly to my dsl if i install splitter over there . Then also my phone and my dsl worked perfect . But the problem is that i cant put my phone there . It has to be at the place where it is and there only concealed line can work.. I think i have to get a new separate phone line in order to connect my dsl ..

yup! thts the main solution....! get ur main line extended till ur DSL modem...from there split it for DSL and phone...tht is more appropriate and neat...

is there any filter that could be installed in concealed wire like we use for main line . IF we install that would it stop the fault or any problem thats comming from concealed line?

nope....atleast not in my knowledge and in market!