Problem Was with my Memory card

Aslam O Alaikum...

I 3 days back posted here the problem of my samsung galaxy gio... No software was being installed in it(The softwares that i had in my memory card... i didnt tried market apps.)... I reset my phone and then restarted it... But my phone hangon "samsung" screen.... I went to customer care center they reinstalled the firmware and the problem was not there.. after that i inserted my memory card and again tried to install software.. But software was not being installed.. I again restarted my phone and once again startup hang on problem........!!!! They again reinstalled firmware and my phone was again ok... This time i didnt inserted my memory card... It was working fine on other memory card... I also installed a app from android market and it was successfully installed... But i had not checked either other apps that i have in my PC can be installed or not?

Was this problem due to memory card..? Or my phone is not installing apps from any memory card....

Is this due a virus in my memory card? I have installed anti virus but i have not bought new memry card... If this problem is due to memory card i will buy a new one... But i wanna know what had happened?

your thread topic is problem with you SIM card and here you are telling memory Card, Shah sahib jaan dio :)

Yar koi help krni hai tu reply kru awein apni posts barhany k lea reply na kru... Jb tmhara reply dekha tu mein smj gya tha k koi fazool baat hi ki ho gi.. jb topic parh liya tha tu pta chal gya tha na k kiya problem hai... Mistake bhi ho skti hai eik insan se....

[quote=“Waqar_shah, post:3, topic:15825”]

Yar koi help krni hai tu reply kru awein apni posts barhany k lea reply na kru… Jb tmhara reply dekha tu mein smj gya tha k koi fazool baat hi ki ho gi… jb topic parh liya tha tu pta chal gya tha na k kiya problem hai… Mistake bhi ho skti hai eik insan se…

[/quote]

OK, got your point, so just buy memory card reader (if you don’t have it already) and connect your card to computer for a virus scan, rather better is to copy all your data and then format the memory card. After formatting memory card before pasting data back to your card, try your card in your mobile, and if still giving the same problem then it’s means that your memory card is damaged, and if your mobile starts then it means that card is ok now it’s turn to check your data by putting back in card (better to rescan data again).

Try this and tell me else I’ll come with more solutions to increase my posts ;)

Incase if it doesnt work?? i will again have the hangon problem and again i will have to go to customer care centre Lawrance road Lahore at mobo telecom? ? oops vry long process.. :huh:

i will tomorrow go to hafeez center and buy a new card.. :P

But i am intrested to know how a virus or crypted memory card can erase android firmware? strange? how??

And mobo telecom walli aunty told me that i can not upload firware myself :(....

If you really cannot upload firmware then wo sachi hay otherwise one can change if he know all the process and some precautions. Anyway a corrupted memory card even burn your hardware by giving extra power to that part like lcd, it's all about code that is written in that virus. If you know Chernobyl virus name back in age of windows 1998 or window ME? these are all codes by that you are running you pc's mobiles televisions and every electronic chip based device. So by these codes you can do anything. So don't you worry, just go to Hafeez center and buy a new card but again don't put your same data in new card without scanning it as if you did so virus can also move to new memory card and don't plug you mobile via usb cable to other pc's as well. unknown pc's are a big source of viruses.

But I guess this mobo aunti wali post was just to increase your post? right? :D

Very good information....

I have never updated firmware in my samsung galaxy gio it doesnt mean i mean unaear of flashing? i know a little... My first cell was nokia 7610 when i was in school... i used to update firmware.. I had also installed firmware in my nokia 6300... But it is my first android... I have no concept about android....

Which antivirus i should use to scan my cell phone?

I had intalled Zoner anti virus in my cell phone.....?

it was amazing to know that a virus can burn phone? ooopssssssss.....

[Roman Urdu removed]

oops wait a minute?? I can exchange my memory card with someone having java.. ??? what you say?

In consumer devices, currents etc are not controlled with user mode code.

[quote=“Waqar_shah, post:8, topic:15825”]

Very good information…

I have never updated firmware in my samsung galaxy gio it doesnt mean i mean unaear of flashing? i know a little… My first cell was nokia 7610 when i was in school… i used to update firmware… I had also installed firmware in my nokia 6300… But it is my first android… I have no concept about android…

Which antivirus i should use to scan my cell phone?

I had intalled Zoner anti virus in my cell phone…?

it was amazing to know that a virus can burn phone? ooopssssssss…

[/quote]

Actually I never had any virus in my phone so I never used any specific antivirus for mobile phones, but I scan my memory card with simple Microsoft Security Essentials and I had never any problem, and updating firmware is not any rocket science, you can do it if you know to read what wizard is saying or asking, only problem is electricity, power should not be off during it. And at the end you can do pangaz with your mobile assuming that what will be maximum loss? just a phone o shut up no worries, this is just a phone go a head. And when you think it then you can do anything with your mobile then you really can do.

You Just give it a try with some other memory card and put your data after scanning, I hope it’ll work Insha Allah .

[quote=“nvd650, post:11, topic:15825”]

I never used any specific antivirus for mobile phones, but I scan my memory card with simple Microsoft Security Essentials and I had never any problem
[/quote]

Microsoft tools will scan for threats which are for Windows, why these tools should be able to scan and detect threats for other OS like Android, Symbian etc ?

I scanned my data with microsoft secuirity essentials but not virus found..... I think windows viruses are different from android... Windows have totally different shell.... By the way ith new memory card my phone is working fine....

[quote=", post:12, topic:15825"]

Microsoft tools will scan for threats which are for Windows, why these tools should be able to scan and detect threats for other OS like Android, Symbian etc ?

[/quote]

As I’ve said earlier that I never found virus in my phone so don’t know about mobile virus scanner, I just mentioned my way. It’s just like meri mujh v mar gai see (my buffalo also died)… ;)