Problem in writing in cds & dvds

Salam! Yaar I have SONY DVD RW. But the thing is ..... I was trying to copy the dvd of VISTA & copy the cd of XP. But I couldnt get through the process correctly. I was using Nero 7 which came with the drive. Nero 7 has the option of copying the dvd or cd. But I couldnt make it. Can you please tell me what could be the problem & how could I get rid of it.? Thnx

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Salam! Yaar I have SONY DVD RW. But the thing is … I was trying to copy the dvd of VISTA & copy the cd of XP. But I couldnt get through the process correctly. I was using Nero 7 which came with the drive. Nero 7 has the option of copying the dvd or cd. But I couldnt make it. Can you please tell me what could be the problem & how could I get rid of it.? Thnx
[/quote]

how are u copying usually if u have one drive in ur computer u insert the cd u want to copy first and then the software copies it

and then u enter the blank cd

No I have an ASUS CD drive also. For copying cd I used ASUS drive but for copying dvd I had to use the only dvd drive i.e. inserted the original dvd first & the blank one afterwards

heres how i do it,,i copy the content of cd to my hdrive,,,then using nero i copy the content from my hd to cd,,,

takes 8 min longer but it gets the job done,,copying xp and vista cds make sure to select cd bootble option..hve been doing this for 10 years now,,,no problems so far