Problem in Vista

Hi to every one,

i have a problem in vista.

i have recently installed it .,.. it has good graphics

but the main problem is that when ever i try to install any software in it, it starts but at end it fail. nothing is installed. no modem is detected.

whats the problem

what should i do as no drivers can't be installed or any other software.

plz help

Do you get any error message at end of the program installations? Please post complete specs of your system.

You should try the latest versions of Softwares you would like to use, to make sure they are Vista compatible. As for modem, which model do you have? Go to Device Manager and look for hardware that with yellow mark.

i also got problems with vista. After computer starts it will open IE or WMP but they wont function for some time-say for 2 mins or so. other windows such as my computer etc work fine. msn msngr opens fine. The connect-to menu also behaves same way as IE and WMP.

I got 2.67 dual core a GB of memory+ integrated graphics and sound. Im guessing the memory is not enough?

Wel i have 1.8 gh laptop with 512 of ram manufacture is Compaq.

i installed softwares of bluetooh as well other drivers like graphic and sounds but at end i receive error message. modem not detected. what should i do.??????

@ Ahmad

Your description about error is very vague. Please try to explain what kind of error you getting and how you produce it. Do you have drivers that are made for Windows Vista? Are you able to detect modem in any other OS? Try to write one problem at a time.

@ maliksaab

Stupid answer will be "use Firefox or Opera". However, my guess is that you may have problem with some driver (especially network-card/modem driver). Maybe there is some software (in startup or Windows Registry) that try to initialize something for network-card/modem. Can you please describe a little more what else happens? By the way, do you open IE/WMP or Windows open it itself?

Fe-Aman Allah.

I open IE myself.

i just installed the latest version of AVG (i.e. 8.xx). This partial hangup has gotten longer. While both the old and new AVG were uninstalled the hangup was considerably very less.

iv placed my bet on shortage of memory. Theres just too less of it for the antivirus to work on startup when ram is most needed.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I open IE myself.

i just installed the latest version of AVG (i.e. 8.xx). This partial hangup has gotten longer. While both the old and new AVG were uninstalled the hangup was considerably very less.

iv placed my bet on shortage of memory. Theres just too less of it for the antivirus to work on startup when ram is most needed.

[/quote]

I don’t think it’s less memory problem. It’s the general behavior of anti-viruses in Vista. Microsoft don’t allow kernel level things in Vista (Kernel Patch Protection). That’s why anti-viruses has to do wried steps which lead less stable system.

The problem might be in AVG AV, as it might be trying to protect from harmful scripts.

Try upgrading to Windows Vista SP1 and install some Anti-Virus (latest version) that was written for Vista SP1 as it allow easier communication with kernel (for Anti-Virus) with new APIs in SP1.

Good luck.

Fe-Aman Allah.

well drivers mean audio and video drivers which when i tried to install they installed but at end give error message of not compatability. modem detected on all other os. not detected on vista. what to do? is my ram is sufficient 512 mb of ram for vista?

You need at least 1mb ram for vista and 2mb ram to be sufficient.

Why don't you download the Vista upgrade advisor from Microsoft to see if your system can handle vista. Search Google.

ya i think wampyr got it right. i'll wait a little then do a complete reinstall with sp1 and see how it works out.

thx!

well drivers mean audio and video drivers which when i tried to install they installed but at end give error message of not compatability. modem detected on all other os. not detected on vista. what to do? is my ram is sufficient 512 mb of ram for vista?
[/quote]

Your description is still vague. My wild guess is that you need Vista’s driver. Maybe the drivers you are trying to install are not made for Vista. Maybe you also need modem’s driver that are made for Vista.

Fe-Aman Allah.

wel thanks for help. i got understand the problem. all drivers installed but sound max is actually not compatable with vista. thats y i need to find some other audio driver. thanksfor help

wel thanks for help. i got understand the problem. all drivers installed but sound max is actually not compatable with vista. thats y i need to find some other audio driver. thanksfor help
[/quote]

Yeah i have the same problem with the SounDmax driver but then i changed the compatiblity of Windows to XPSP2. Check it out .