Problem connecting WRT54 router with LDN

My LDN works perfectly if I plug their AZTEC DSL605EU modem directly into my PC. But when I try to use my WRT54 router to link my laptop, nothing works. Don't get internet on PC and nothing on the laptop. Before LDN I used Worldcall and WRT54 worked like a breeze. Obviously some configuration issue but can someone help me with it?

Thanks

parmid

Make sure your router is setup for dynamic DNS. So the modem will assign the IP address to the router. Also be sure to starts modem first, then router.

If you need to put user name and password to connect from PC to the internet. You will need to do the same from the routers web based control panel.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My LDN works perfectly if I plug their AZTEC DSL605EU modem directly into my PC. But when I try to use my WRT54 router to link my laptop, nothing works. Don’t get internet on PC and nothing on the laptop. Before LDN I used Worldcall and WRT54 worked like a breeze. Obviously some configuration issue but can someone help me with it?

Thanks

parmid

[/quote]

well the solution is simple coz of IP conflict its because the aztech is also a router and both issue ip address from 192.168.1.1… so either in your modem configuration u turn off its DHCP server or a more simple way is to change the ip of your wrt54, to something like 192.168.2.1…so on 192.168.1.1 u will access your aztech and on 192.168.2.1 u will acess your wrt54

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My LDN works perfectly if I plug their AZTEC DSL605EU modem directly into my PC. But when I try to use my WRT54 router to link my laptop, nothing works. Don’t get internet on PC and nothing on the laptop. Before LDN I used Worldcall and WRT54 worked like a breeze. Obviously some configuration issue but can someone help me with it?

Thanks

parmid

[/quote]

if the aztech router supports bridge mode then set it to that

and then enter ur pppoe user name/pass in the WRT54G