Problem after system restore

Salam guys 1st of all i m not sure if i m posting in right section of forum if i m wrong then move thread to proper section.Ystrday i moved some files(exe,zip,msi) from mobile memory card to drive D but when i tried to open them windows xp was giving error somthng like not corect path or some user acount restrictions problem but i was logged on as administrator.I restored system to previous date(20days back)&system restord succesfuly but som of d files i transferd r not ther anymore i tried much 2look in diff folders,in my mmc card but no where&i m sure files were not deleted accidently.This thing has surprised&shocked me i always thought systm restore z v safe thing.Plz tel me how to bring those files back.For restoring purpose i think norton ghost z better bcoz it can create image or clone disk&when problm occurs like w/ me now then we can put back d creatd image.Thanx

did you try to undo last restoration?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

did you try to undo last restoration?
[/quote]

no i didnt bcoz i m afraid that aftr doing so windows wil again start giving that error&other thing z that my system never restored earlier whenever i tried b4,even somtimes i tried in safe mode too always aftr rebooting it failed 2restore succesfuly.Ystrday it was 1st time windows restored succesfuly but it gave this new problm.

Salam guys 1st of all i m not sure if i m posting in right section of forum if i m wrong then move thread to proper section.Ystrday i moved some files(exe,zip,msi) from mobile memory card to drive D but when i tried to open them windows xp was giving error somthng like not corect path or some user acount restrictions problem but i was logged on as administrator.I restored system to previous date(20days back)&system restord succesfuly but som of d files i transferd r not ther anymore i tried much 2look in diff folders,in my mmc card but no where&i m sure files were not deleted accidently.This thing has surprised&shocked me i always thought systm restore z v safe thing.Plz tel me how to bring those files back.For restoring purpose i think norton ghost z better bcoz it can create image or clone disk&when problm occurs like w/ me now then we can put back d creatd image.Thanx
[/quote]

system restore only restores the registry changes and system file!

its possible that the files were never copied (for some reason) or the copying process was interrupted halfway! and when the copying process is interrupted windows usually deletes the half copied files but sometimes it deletes the file and keeps showing the files in explorer (sometimes a refresh or closing and reopening the folder fixes it) so that when you open them you get that error

Saad Ibrahim the maestro,restoration found d files from my mmc but not D drive,anyhow it restored them but when i open them there z error in evry file.I didnt undrstand programe well it finds files&want u 2restore them to anyother drive.In my case it found files from drive F which z mmc&i restored them to C where z also windows directory i was happy that files r recoverd but when i opened evryfile give path error or others.

Saad Ibrahim the maestro,restoration found d files from my mmc but not D drive,anyhow it restored them but when i open them there z error in evry file.I didnt undrstand programe well it finds files&want u 2restore them to anyother drive.In my case it found files from drive F which z mmc&i restored them to C where z also windows directory i was happy that files r recoverd but when i opened evryfile give path error or others.
[/quote]

what kind of errors?

data corrupted errors?

Diff. Errors from 3 files> 1.Cant b installed bcoz file cant b found in cabinet file. 2.The parameter is incorect 3.Instaler integrity has failed,incomplet download or damaged media. I m sure files were downloaded succesfuly in download manager,mayb somthng hapend during transfer or restoration but somthng wrong z done by windows itself.