Prob: "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"

When I connect to my dialup on my XP SP2, every time after an hour or two I receive an error as shown in the attached image.

Effects:

Modem and Sound Card stop responding.

What I've tried:

1.Reinstalling Windows.

2. Formatting Windows drive.

3. Scanning complete HD with updated anti-virus.

HELP!

33368348jr2.th.jpg

formatting the windows didnt fix it?

probably a driver or software causing it and you reinstalled it after formatting windows

All drivers are also re-checked and installed as per the CD provided by the OEM.

This error annoys many xp users.It troubld me a lot2 &lately doggarsahib member of this forum also sufered&askd here i think he can guide u more.I sugest u 2download all critical updates for sp2 it may help&if not then google&read diff methods it z discusd much.

Try to install from different Windows xp cd. This has happened with me as well but after replacing the cd the problem was gone.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Try to install from different Windows xp cd. This has happened with me as well but after replacing the cd the problem was gone.
[/quote]

v good advice,i think best option.problm can b from cd files so occuring again.

no not at all..I got it fixed after being irritated a lot!!

here is the solution..

start>run

write in the RUN command

regedit

then a full registry editor window will open..now follow the following..

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Services>NeBT>Parameters

In the parameters category,u will find TRANSPORT BIND NAME at the end of the right-side window.Here the TRANSPORT BIND NAME is set to \Device\ by default..U have to double click it and delete this name and leave the space blank!!!

Now again

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE>Softwar>Microsoft>Ole

Here in the 'Ole',u will find 'Enable Dcom' on the right-side window..U will see that value for it is Y by default..U have to change this value to N by double-clicking it!!!

and your problem is 100% fixed!!!!

no not at all…I got it fixed after being irritated a lot!!

here is the solution…

start>run

write in the RUN command

regedit

then a full registry editor window will open…now follow the following…

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Services>NeBT>Parameters

In the parameters category,u will find TRANSPORT BIND NAME at the end of the right-side window.Here the TRANSPORT BIND NAME is set to \Device\ by default…U have to double click it and delete this name and leave the space blank!!!

Now again

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE>Softwar>Microsoft>Ole

Here in the ‘Ole’,u will find ‘Enable Dcom’ on the right-side window…U will see that value for it is Y by default…U have to change this value to N by double-clicking it!!!

and your problem is 100% fixed!!!

[/quote]

Thanks buddy.

I have followed the instructions precisely. Lets hope its gone now. Will give feedback here.

My problem solved to perfection.

i have tha same problem before. i find one software and solve this problem . just simple one if any one need pm me

i have tha same problem before. i find one software and solve this problem . just simple one if any one need pm me
[/quote]

Follow the instructions by dogarsahab in the post above mine and say goodbye to your problem.

Follow the instructions by dogarsahab in the post above mine and say goodbye to your problem.

[/quote]

ok but i have the different and esay solution. just one click .

yeah get software from slees.net and get your generic host fixed!!!!