Prize Bond

[quote=“Faisal, post:19, topic:16002”]

That’s a unreasonable question on their part. I mean you own a bond as long as you have it. I guess you better ask from them.

[/quote]

Yeah that’s pretty stupid. I mean why would they even ask such a thing. What difference does it make as to when did I purchased those bonds!?

will state bank at bolton market remain open on saturday?

[quote=“TechMan, post:18, topic:16002”]

Ok my friend has finally verified that I am eligible for the prizes. He has got two forms (one for each bond) for me to fill out. The form is simple but there is one thing I want to ask. In the form I have to write date on which I purchased these bonds?

What date shall I write? The one before draw in which it was declared winner or after it? For e.g. draw was held on 15 Feb 2010 so shall I write some date which is before it or after it?

Or it doesn’t matter what date I write as long as it is after issue date of prize bonds which is somewhere in 1999?

[/quote]

The bond that has won a prize should be bought at least two months before the draw in which it won the prize as per state bank regulations.

Why date of issue is important for any claim of prize money?

Answer: Only those prize bonds qualify for prize money, which have been purchased two

months prior to their respective draw

Please consult the FAQs that I shared from state banks website.

You may write any date its just a formality and you may claim your prize till six years from the date of that particular draw.

[quote=“shiraz, post:24, topic:16002”]

You may write any date its just a formality and you may claim your prize till six years from the date of that particular draw.

[/quote]

I think bank puts a stamp on newly purchased bonds which of course, has the date.

[quote=“melleck, post:23, topic:16002”]

The bond that has won a prize should be bought at least two months before the draw in which it won the prize as per state bank regulations.

Why date of issue is important for any claim of prize money?

Answer: Only those prize bonds qualify for prize money, which have been purchased two

months prior to their respective draw

Please consult the FAQs that I shared from state banks website.

[/quote]

This is totally bullshit from state bank if it’s true. If a prize bond is available in the market for purchase then it means it is eligible for draw otherwise why it is available in the first place?

I can believe that. Because the purpose of buying bonds is to make people invest, so they might require us to hold a bond for certain period of time.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:27, topic:16002”]

I can believe that. Because the purpose of buying bonds is to make people invest, so they might require us to hold a bond for certain period of time.

[/quote]

Then they can simply not enter that bond number in draw for 2 months rather than telling people after they have won the prize that you are not eligible.

hmm.... you are also right.

Ok after 3 months State Bank has finally told that these prize bonds are tempered with so that means I am in trouble :huh:

I talked to one of their managers and he said they can get FIR registered against me. He says the only way to get out of this mess is to write a letter in which I have to state that I did not do any tempering with the bonds and that I had no intention to do fraud e.t.c. Then they will tear up those bonds in front of me and case will be closed.

But I am thinking is it really so? I mean if I write this kind of letter can it negatively affect me? I mean they may be looking for some "khancha" and "chaey pani" and if I write this letter they will have irrefutable proof against me. Or may be I am just paranoid and he is giving me correct advice?

bethay bithaey musibat agae! :angry:

What proof do they have of tampering?

[quote=“Asad, post:31, topic:16002”]

What proof do they have of tampering?

[/quote]

They showed me that there is slight tempering in one of the numbers on both bonds. Like when you drop a little water on some paper and then ink starts to expand something like that. So they sent it to printing press for confirmation and they told it is tempered.

[quote=“TechMan, post:30, topic:16002”]

Ok after 3 months State Bank has finally told that these prize bonds are tempered with so that means I am in trouble :huh:

I talked to one of their managers and he said they can get FIR registered against me. He says the only way to get out of this mess is to write a letter in which I have to state that I did not do any tempering with the bonds and that I had no intention to do fraud e.t.c. Then they will tear up those bonds in front of me and case will be closed.

But I am thinking is it really so? I mean if I write this kind of letter can it negatively affect me? I mean they may be looking for some “khancha” and “chaey pani” and if I write this letter they will have irrefutable proof against me. Or may be I am just paranoid and he is giving me correct advice?

bethay bithaey musibat agae! :angry:

[/quote]

You are living in a state where people are corrupt, authorities are corrupt, rulers are corrupt and their policies are also corrupt. In simple words, you can say ‘‘aawe ka awa hi bigarda hua hey’’. And unfortunately, instead of abusing people, we abuse the country.

I haven’t seen your bonds so, I have no idea if these are tampered, or who is lying.

[quote=“blogger, post:33, topic:16002”]

You are living in a state where people are corrupt, authorities are corrupt, rulers are corrupt and their policies are also corrupt. In simple words, you can say ‘‘aawe ka awa hi bigarda hua hey’’. And unfortunately, instead of abusing people, we abuse the country.

I haven’t seen your bonds so, I have no idea if these are tampered, or who is lying.

[/quote]

Yeah I saw it with my own eyes that there was something with one of the numbers on both the bonds. But it is possible that it might be nothing and bonds may be original and they are doing this to save their ass because they said another person has already cashed these bonds with same numbers before. So may be that was fake but since they have already given prizes to him so they have claimed this one is fake. You never know what’s cooking behind the scenes.

I went their yesterday with the letter like they said but he told me to come again and write this letter in “urdu”. Then I was supposed to go today with letter in urdu but after yesterday’s talk on phone he said just wait a few days, and come when I will call you.

When I will go again I will ask them to show me report from printing press.

scary,

I have a winning prize bond of 3 years previous lucky draw which i have to cash out :-/

As one of my brother said " the prize bond which has been cashed bears stamp on back with all the Encashment details as well as a hole punched against each prize encashment. formerly the bank used to keep prize winning bond but since last couple of years this policy has been changed and now Bond is ruturned to owner after encashment. the best site for prize bond draw search as per my experience is http://www.sammars.biz/ . its more User-friendly than National savings official site . particularly its POWER SEARCH feature.

This forum is really quite informative and i would like to thank all for sharing their experiences....

I have got a link of a document which would help all to clarify their doubts and queries regarding prize bonds, this is from website of State Bank of Pakistan;

http://www.sbp.org.pk/sbp_bsc/SBPBSC-PrizeBonds-FAQs.pdf

My question here is this that, the document above says that to claim the prize against the bond u have to sign the winning bond with ur signatures. Has anybody who has won prize on bond signed it. Whether the signatures are to be done on front or back of the bond. Plz. share ur experience and knowledge....

Thanks

[quote=“johnny_guitar, post:37, topic:16002”]

This forum is really quite informative and i would like to thank all for sharing their experiences…

I have got a link of a document which would help all to clarify their doubts and queries regarding prize bonds, this is from website of State Bank of Pakistan;

http://www.sbp.org.p…eBonds-FAQs.pdf

My question here is this that, the document above says that to claim the prize against the bond u have to sign the winning bond with ur signatures. Has anybody who has won prize on bond signed it. Whether the signatures are to be done on front or back of the bond. Plz. share ur experience and knowledge…

Thanks

[/quote]

You have to do it on the back. I did!

[quote=“TechMan, post:38, topic:16002”]

You have to do it on the back. I did!

[/quote]

Thanks a lot!

Any one participating with Prize Bond worth Rs. 25,000 in the upcoming draw…

Good luck to all

Doston Agar Ap Prize bond win karne ka sahi idea lena chahte hain to

hamare master ap ki rahnumai karain ge

or Wo Bhi Free Free Free

http://www.prizebondpk.net

Ap Ne Apni Raqam Kese Invest Karni Hain

Sahi Idea Lain Or Sahi Number K Bond Buy Karain

Thanks