Private O level Exams

i want to ask that if I give o level exams privately and then get an admission in a school to do A level

will it effect my admission in a university

I read on the website of LSE( lahore School of Economics) that private candidates cannot apply for admission

But I don't want to get admission there as I am planning for Engineering and aim for universities like NUSt,GIK, UET

so, i wanted to ask that if these universities also donot accept private candidates

If you are aiming for nust,gik, or uet then you really should be doing matric and then fsc!

In some universities it is preferred that you do your O/A levels from a recognized school. If i were you i would certainly not take the risk of doing it privately.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

If you are aiming for nust,gik, or uet then you really should be doing matric and then fsc!
[/quote]

Not really. Although for Nust/GIKI and these sort of universities you need to have Inter/Matric course completed. You can get into Nust/GIKI if you just do your O/A levels and in your last year of your A Levels make sure that you join some institute like Anees Hussain for preparation classes for Nust/Giki etc.

Yes but O/A levels are better overall. I dont think one should only study to get into a university, O and A levels make you think and learn, Inter and Matric make you do ratta so its better i think to do O/A levels and then take some preparation classes for university tests. And yeah you do have to study a bit extra because inter course is a bit different from A levels.

And yeah if you're going abroad then A/o Level all the way.

i want to ask that if I give o level exams privately and then get an admission in a school to do A level

will it effect my admission in a university

I read on the website of LSE( lahore School of Economics) that private candidates cannot apply for admission

But I don’t want to get admission there as I am planning for Engineering and aim for universities like NUSt,GIK, UET

so, i wanted to ask that if these universities also donot accept private candidates

[/quote]

I really doubt it. LSE would take anyone with money:p…Okay jokes apart they take candidates who appear privately. I am not sure about rest. They probably do too. You should call them up and check. Although they have no reason to refuse.

Its the grades that would matter…

I really doubt it. LSE would take anyone with money:p…Okay jokes apart they take candidates who appear privately. I am not sure about rest. They probably do too. You should call them up and check. Although they have no reason to refuse.

Its the grades that would matter…

[/quote]

Only thing that should matter is grades

But on LSE’s website they have stated Private Candidates cannot apply

I am in 10th of beacon house

beacon house usually completes o level in 11th while rest of schools completes it in 10th

So, i wanted to save a year

On websites of many universities it is stated that weightage of o level is only 10%

So, If I do A Level or FSc with a school then doing o level private shouldn't matter

I will confirm it by contacting the universities

[/quote]

Yup i second that. and make sure u really understand the stuff in ur books (use some other book or the net). If you know ur things really well and score good in the test, you wont need any stinkin fsc marks