Printer advice needed

I am planning to buy a printer. My use is very less like 4-5 prints every week so i wanna go for an inkjet printer.

Please give me any advice regarding which model i should go for..

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Any HP 3 in 1 printer would do just fine.

--

get a laser jet and you would get a peace of mind believe me caz it's been 1 year and i had printed about 1500 pages and still its going on without any problem and not to mention the speed and the print quality just get a used one in a better condition it would come around 5k

Laser printers are expensive but worth it for heavy duty printing

on the other hand, an inkjet is cheaper (much) but runs lesser (cartidge)

Laserjet:

Advantages:

Runs much longer (My dads laserjet 1020 lasts about 2500 prints on a genuine hp toner)

Prints much faster

Prints very nice

Disadvantages:

Costly

Higher on electricity than an inkjet (no problem nonetheless)

Expensive toners (but run much longer)

Usually black-and-white (colour laserjets exist but are more expensive)

Inkjet/Deskjet/Officejet:

Advantages:

Cheaper

Colour printing

Disadvantages:

Slow

Cartridges run less longer

My say:

Since you have a weekly cycle of around 5-6 pages and print at home, I'd suggest you go for a HP Deskjet 2050. I bought it a week ago for myself from Galaxy Computers (www.galaxy.pk) Costed around 4600 or so but it has a printer, scanner and a copier so its ideal for me. The laserjets need higher monthly cycles and are a pain in the ass when they start getting problems. Believe me, I've been into laserjets since the 4L

My experience: I have had an HP 3 in 1 Inkjet for two years and i never had any problems. I easily get them refilled for like 125 Rs and it gives me around 40-50 good quality prints. Can't complaint really. I don't even have to go to the photocopier now and then for getting an NIC copied! (Btw, they charge Rs. 4 for that puny little copy!! The reason for which is beyond me) Your print needs are not that demanding, I would not recommend a laserjet for you. Its expensive and its maintenance costs are also high.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My experience: I have had an HP 3 in 1 Inkjet for two years and i never had any problems. I easily get them refilled for like 125 Rs and it gives me around 40-50 good quality prints. Can’t complaint really. I don’t even have to go to the photocopier now and then for getting an NIC copied! (Btw, they charge Rs. 4 for that puny little copy!! The reason for which is beyond me) Your print needs are not that demanding, I would not recommend a laserjet for you. Its expensive and its maintenance costs are also high.
[/quote]

+1

Abby. How is the printer? It looks pretty sleek (i saw it on website) as compared to my HP 3 in 1 4XXX series (although a great performer) but looks very boring. I could not get in black color and had to buy it urgently! :(. Why do they even make these boring silver / grey colours??

I would second Abby and rnathbatra(or whatever it is).Seeing ur requirements,u don't need laserjet.I myself am using HP F380(3 in 1) for about two years now if not more.U can ur-self fill cartridges at home or refill from market within 100rs/-,when u run out of ink,i.e.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Abby. How is the printer? It looks pretty sleek (i saw it on website) as compared to my HP 3 in 1 4XXX series (although a great performer) but looks very boring. I could not get in black color and had to buy it urgently! :(. Why do they even make these boring silver / grey colours??
[/quote]

Well, its cheaper than the 4xxx series. I had a J4xxx series and it was better than the 2050 but it was more expensive aswell. I bought it for around 7000 back in 2006 or so but it developed a technical fault in it which could not be repaired and had to dispose it. It ran for 4 years and I used to refill the cartridges myself. I’ve been using the 2050 for a week now and I’m satisfied with the price I paid. Even though its a bit bulky, its looks are pretty nice (unlike the 4xxx series)

i had a HP ink jet printer and i take out very few printouts so few that when the time to take printout is upon me i used to spend the next 45 minutes shaking the ink cartridge like a thermometer =D (yea it dried up) and even then i had to waste 5 pages before the printout was acceptable and no streaks would come so i bought the HP Laserjet 1020 yes toner is expensive and it consumes more electricity like the laserjet 1020 consumes 250W and the newer models consume 350W when printing but its not like you are ironing a shirt, it takes out 15 pages in 1 minute and 18 pages in the newer models so its cool plus i dont have to worry about the toner drying up. =)