Prices of Power Inverters (Chinese)_Aug-2008

Chinese power inverters (220v AC from 12v DC) are very cheap now;

1000watt = Rs. 1900/-

500watt = Rs. 1200/-

300watt = Rs. 1000/-

(source: many shops at Hall Road, Lahore)

i need one..

can you tell me any shop in Isb?

sorry to ask but what is an inverter. isn't it the same as ups? you can use it with batteries i think?

can anyone explain?

inverter changes DC power to AC power...

i think with UPS you also get mechanism to charge your battery + automatic switching stuff...

As stated by Mr. firestorm, inverter gives you 220V AC from car battery. UPS gives you uninterrupted power, where as inverter does not. Whenever power fails, you have to switch on your inverter manually. Also, inverter does not charge your battery, so you have to use a separate battery charger (approx. Rs. 500/-)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

As stated by Mr. firestorm, inverter gives you 220V AC from car battery. UPS gives you uninterrupted power, where as inverter does not. Whenever power fails, you have to switch on your inverter manually. Also, inverter does not charge your battery, so you have to use a separate battery charger (approx. Rs. 500/-)
[/quote]

1000watt = Rs. 1900 + 500 + Battery cost = Cheap Manual ‘ups’

not bad i think,one will just have to charge n switch manually

I am seriously considering buying a inverter. Can anyone comment on the quality of these inverters and give few hints regarding the battery required.

Thanks.

Battery depends on the backup time you need. Best option is to get 110Ah battery (Shehzore's battery)

Wet batteries have lower life than better quality dry SLA batteries. it is a compromise between cost and life of battery.

I have 1000 watt inverter. I use it as a backup when there is some problem with my UPS. This inverter works fine, used it for several hours. 1000watt will give approx 700 to 800 watts.