Prices of petroleum products soar by Rs3 per litre :( 65 rs per litre

ISLAMABAD: The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) Thursday increased the petrol and diesel prices further by Rs3 per litre.

The new petroleum prices will take effect after 12 midnight.

Source: Geo website/tv

that's is a much lesser price hike than what i expected, i was expecting it to reach 70-72 atleast

Saad "CNG Zindabad" Ibrahim :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Saad “CNG Zindabad” Ibrahim :P
[/quote]

On a side note why the change from Ibrahim to Lakhany?

that’s is a much lesser price hike than what i expected, i was expecting it to reach 70-72 atleast

Saad “CNG Zindabad” Ibrahim :P

[/quote]

the hi-octane prices here in karachi are about rs 75/litre

i am waiting to see if this'll stick or is this staged so that later min of fin can hold off diesel price hike

On a side note why the change from Ibrahim to Lakhany?

[/quote]

coz someone already registered with the nick “saadibrahim” and lakhany is my surname so i used lakhany instead

coz someone already registered with the nick “saadibrahim” and lakhany is my surname so i used lakhany instead
[/quote]

Ya I remember. Some idiot tried to steal your identity! You could get your old nick back though. You’ll have to email KO to change it.

Ya I remember. Some idiot tried to steal your identity! You could get your old nick back though. You’ll have to email KO to change it.

[/quote]

i will get it changed if KO doesn’t has any problem with it waisey i don’t mind whatever the nick is

[/quote]

That was a spam user, just deleted that account. So that account is once more available, if you want I can change your username to that.

That was a spam user, just deleted that account. So that account is once more available, if you want I can change your username to that.

[/quote]

it would be very kind of you if you do that

and make sure S and I are capital :P i like it that way :D

Uh, I registered the account…Sorry Saad ;).KO: I will be using this account so please don’t delete it.I am not a bot…
[/quote]

that’s cheating :P

mummy mera nick leliya

by the way who are you an ex-member or are you new here?

@k2munda: Well, they can only control the prices to a degree right. At some point they have to raise prices because per barrel keeps climbing and we can only subsidize for so long. I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

@k2munda: You are getting benefit from cheap oil from the Saudi's, if not you directly, than your govt and the country as a whole.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, so while Pakistan probably gets a discount and sometimes outright handouts from the Arabs, there is no such thing as free oil.

Yes it is… but it’s all done now. We have the original SaadIbrahim back as SaadIbrahim. That user name was “pre-booked” so to say, so welcome back Saad!
[/quote]

Thanks Khalid

lol @ saudis relying on pakistan against the americans :D

btw i was searching for the comparison of oil prices around the world, but instead found a comparison of gas prices around, dunno how much is it linked to oil prices.. :)

gas_price_atlas_630.jpg

ok here is the link.. http://www.greengofer.com/facts.htm

and it was last updated on 7/19/06

Gas isn't a global commodity like Oil, if I'm not mistaken. Though I believe Russia and Iran want to make it so. In anycase, my research might be a bit off. I wrote paper on it a year or so ago, I don't remember many details.

umm ok found..

petrol.gif

Link: http://www.kshitij.com/research/petrol.shtml

Updated:April 17, 2008