Power supply?

Im getting a

core 2 duo E7400(2.8 ghz) 3mb cache

motherboard p5ql

2xcrsair ddr2 ram

xfx 9800gtx 512mb ddr3

how much watt power supply should i get?

450/500/600 Watts. Go for which ever of them you can afford.

for 9800gtx minimum requirement for psu is 450W. but since you possibly gonna be add few other things which you haven't mentioned like dvd rom, dvd writer or possibly a new hard disk too. i would say go for atleast 500W and more is always better.

You haven't mentioned number of harddisks and optical drives. But that doesn't matter that much if you keep sufficient margin when selecting PSU.

I'll suggest you to follow Asad's (and many other members) school-of-thought and select a branded PSU. They are expensive but give good life and protection for system.

For myself (including many other members) go for cheap unbranded Chinese PSU. For one of my computer, I have to changed 3 PSU (due to electricity fluctuation) in less than 2 years :) But still it is cheaper than branded PSU :)

As there is a saying: :)

مہنگہ روئے ایک بار، سستہ روئے بار بار۔

what do you guys suggest about the branded used PSU, available in market: i saw a PSU 500W for just 1200 in dubai plaza.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

what do you guys suggest about the branded used PSU, available in market: i saw a PSU 500W for just 1200 in dubai plaza.
[/quote]

are you gonna use pci-express graphics card with it? remember most of the cards need 6-pin connector which branded ones dont have. remember it.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

No branded 500W PSU comes for 1200 unless it is a jaali/fake brand.