Power supply sugestion....?

guys i found a power suppy of company named as xpert of 500 wats for 2800rs

i also have my pc cassing of the same company!!

i was thinking of buying it............. will it be good to buy it???

and also tell me about those chinese psu's which are coming at damn cheapp rates but high wattage of about 450wats for 700rs

has anyone tried them??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

guys i found a power suppy of company named as xpert of 500 wats for 2800rs

i also have my pc cassing of the same company!!

i was thinking of buying it… will it be good to buy it???

and also tell me about those chinese psu’s which are coming at damn cheapp rates but high wattage of about 450wats for 700rs

has anyone tried them??

[/quote]

In one of my computers, I am using chinese made PSU. Due to unreliable capicators. I have to change it twice in last two years.

Rs. 500 (when bought) x 2 time replace = Rs. 1500

It is still cheaper than good ones but you have to deal with unstable computer near it’s end of life (usually a year or two).

Buddy the important thing is not that how much watts but how much amperes on 12v rails.

@Shoukat: chek the amperes, but i think u should go for Cooler master 460w for Rs.3500.

yar imo the cooler master is just a name.........

thts y their prices r high.......

OK. whatever brand u get but do chek the amperes on 12v rails. I've got CM 430w and i've 29Amperes on 2 12v rails. so u can guess that how much should be for a 400w supply, I think around 25-30 would be gud.

anyone who has used chinese psu's

kindly tell me that do they really give the labeled wattage

and also tell me that when they die do they cause any harm to mobo etc..

and after how much time do they die??

+1 to Cooler Master 460W, it's a good PSU.

China made psu's are trash. Cooler Master 460W will give you about 400W of pure clean power, a china/stock 460 W will give you perhaps 350 W and even that won't be clean. As in expect intermittent power spikes or dips. That makes the system unstable, prevent any over clocking and can burn out parts of your P.C like memory (most sensitive), Hard disks and in rare cases even the cpu itself. Not worth saving Rs. 700 there.

Of course all of this applies only if you have a decent graphics card otherwise your xpert psu will do fine.

^^

my graphic is doing all this mess and forcing me to buy a new psu

i have yet 300 watt regular psu but when i run real heavy games like crysis or assasins creed the pc shuts down when there is much load on gpu

i have ati hd2600

I would recommend the coolermaster 460watt PSU :)

nah man... chinese psu are junk.... and i am sayin it with experience.. i used a chinese psu for time being and i ended up with a dead motherboard and not just any mobos but a cool one of its day K7N2-Delta by MSI

Chinese PSUs are junkkk as sk90y said. I bought CM 460w for 3500rs just 4 days back and its running like a charm. If you dont want headaches every now and then regarding ur PSU just do some kharcha and get a good product. I got 10 months warranty on this as well.

yar stop blamin chinese psu's :) ...mine one is working very well n passed 16months...runing quiet heavy components wid it

Shoukat i have Xpert 450Watts PSU. Bought about an year ago after 3 of my psu's failed. These stock psu's start creating mess by randomly rebooting the system and you see a popup windows saying "The system has recovered from a serious problem" and one day they won't boot your machine.

Since i upgraded to Xpert PSU, costed me 2800. Its all working fine. I m running P4 3.0Ghz 1.25Gb Ram FX5200 Graphics. 500/250/80 Gbz Hard drives and Sony DVD-RW. And never had any problem regarding psu. And on stock psu's you can't plug more than 3 storage devices even if you do it won't let you pass boot screen.

yar stop blamin chinese psu’s :) …mine one is working very well n passed 16months…runing quiet heavy components wid it
[/quote]

which PSU is that…and btw you don’t know what internal damages it might be inflicting on your components life…it will be revealed sooner or later…it might be running like a charm right now but your always at risk with that PSU and KESC as bonus…

which PSU is that…and btw you don’t know what internal damages it might be inflicting on your components life…it will be revealed sooner or later…it might be running like a charm right now but your always at risk with that PSU and KESC as bonus…

[/quote]

OIGIX labeled 400watt…bought for 550rs 16 months back…

running c2d satahd 2 dvdrw and 8600gt…:lol:

@mani

thanks man that what i was asking for.........

OIGIX labeled 400watt…bought for 550rs 16 months back…

running c2d satahd 2 dvdrw and 8600gt…:lol:

[/quote]

lol you are running 8600gt with c2d and 3 drives on a Chinese 400w PSU whose actual output may not even be near 300w. You are lucky buddy enjoy till it lasts ;)

^yes bro i m dats why i m sayin chinese psu's r not crap as rumors spread abt them everywhere...look at my complete accessories i m running wid this psu :)

19 inch crt monitor connected to psu...

c2d 2.2g

8600gt

2gb ddr2 (2 dims 1gb each)

1 sata hd 500gb

2 dvdrw

1 tv tuner card

1 casing fan

whtelse u guys want wid this 550rs psu lol

gr8 poton12 i am gona change my opinion bout chinese PSUs then ;) ...which case fan r u using?? im planning to install atleast 2 case fans in my chasis that has place for 3. I was planning to buy cooler master LED worth 800rs each...is there any chinese case fans too for cheap as i am on a tight budget this month. Lemme know

gr8 poton12 i am gona change my opinion bout chinese PSUs then ;) …which case fan r u using?? im planning to install atleast 2 case fans in my chasis that has place for 3. I was planning to buy cooler master LED worth 800rs each…is there any chinese case fans too for cheap as i am on a tight budget this month. Lemme know
[/quote]

yar dn knw its model…i pulled it out frm my freind’s casing when he was sellin his whole sys…3pin connecter…mentioned dc12v 0.14A on it…looks lik a chinese fan :lol: