Power on adsl modem with dc inverter!

I am just doing this for simple reason "load shedding" and getting uninterrupted internet without getting disconnected.

so i found this device called Car Power Converter Inverter Adapter Charger with USB which should do the job as advertised

i believe it can charge from USB and provide the sufficient power supply to my modem which normally is rated b/w 9v to 12v.

here are some specs.

http://www.chinabuye.com/car-power-converter-inverter-adapter-charger-with-usb

Input voltage range: DC 12V-24V

Output voltage:DC220V

USB Output: DC 6V

How good this device will work or not work? any ideas

hey i wanna buy this device.where can i get this in karachi.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am just doing this for simple reason “load shedding” and getting uninterrupted internet without getting disconnected.

so i found this device called Car Power Converter Inverter Adapter Charger with USB which should do the job as advertised

i believe it can charge from USB and provide the sufficient power supply to my modem which normally is rated b/w 9v to 12v.

here are some specs.

http://www.chinabuye.com/car-power-converter-inverter-adapter-charger-with-usb

Input voltage range: DC 12V-24V

Output voltage:DC220V

USB Output: DC 6V

How good this device will work or not work? any ideas

[/quote]

To use this thing for your ADSL modem, you will need to supply 12V to this device. It will then give you 220V from which you can power up the adapter of your ADSL modem.

If you have 12V battery, why not directly power up your ADSL modem from this battery ?

^ because you'd want to recharge the battery as well. Otherwise it won't last long.

You can find them easily online anywhere. batteries will dry out easily and you cant recharge them so i thought USB charging device would be good option which has enough power for modem.

i am still curious if that will work out. will try out

^ because you’d want to recharge the battery as well. Otherwise it won’t last long.
[/quote]

This device does not have charging capability for 12V battery. It is designed to be operated by car cigarette lighter port/connector.

How he is planning charging ?

You can find them easily online anywhere. batteries will dry out easily and you cant recharge them so i thought USB charging device would be good option which has enough power for modem.

i am still curious if that will work out. will try out

[/quote]

I am still confused as to how you want this device to operate your ADSL modem ?

This device has two outputs

1) 220VAC

2) USB Connector with power only (for charging of devices which can get charged by USB port)

This device can not charge 12V battery from which is producing 220VAC.

How you are thinking to use it ?

Yeah this device is for powering AC appliance cannot be used for DC unless you attached a DC adapter to it