&*^% Power load shedding

What the hell is going on with the power load shedding these days? It's been bad since Mushy resigned (not that I'm trying to connect the both) but it's been getting worse in past two days.

Just yesterday we barely had electricity. The whole city was plunged in darkness every 2 hours for at least 3 hours.

UGhh.. I'm so annoyed! :(

P.S. where's the previous load shedding thread? I couldn't find it using search. If mods can locate it, please merge this thread with the old one.

Same situation in Karachi.

Apparently nowadays we are generating even lesser than our maximum capacity (and even our max. capacity is no where near enough)... Generating less because gov. does not have any cash for paying electricity producing units and oil suppliers...

see this: http://www.dawn.com/2008/08/23/top17.htm

waiting for Saudi oil to bail us out... :P

Yes yaar here in sukkur..its worst now...more then 10 hours of load shedding...

its geting worse day by day since Mushi Bhai resigned

in some people opinion its an artificial buhraan of electricity like aata

bcuz when it started in winter it started at once to 10hours/day jab keh before it lite was fine

if its genuine they shud hav started it frm 1 hour and then extended it

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

its geting worse day by day since Mushi Bhai resigned

in some people opinion its an artificial buhraan of electricity like aata

bcuz when it started in winter it started at once to 10hours/day jab keh before it lite was fine

if its genuine they shud hav started it frm 1 hour and then extended it

[/quote]

There are no investors for our power plants. Wait for donations. :confused:

yup guys, unless we've more plants, ...nothing will stop this situation from getting worst.

the only way out is either to get solar/wind power. or wait for a few years till things start getting well when our new dams are built.

Wait for the power hike (61%?) which will be decided by the end of this month. That should help it somewhat.

Wait for the power hike (61%?) which will be decided by the end of this month. That should help it somewhat.
[/quote]

what u mean? can u explain.

If people would start paying for the electricity they use, maybe they'd have money to produce some! It's unfair to the people who do pay, but then who cares about that? Raising the price might just encourage more people to resort to a kunda, worsening the situation!

And then all these wedding lawns using all their lights even if there is no function there that day; markets running till late night (even early morn) and then we're all sleeping half the day!

Instead of hating on KESC (or WAPDA) so much (which should be done, don't get me wrong!), maybe we, the people, need to start thinking about how much electricity we're wasting and how much we generate in comparison.

If people would start paying for the electricity they use, maybe they’d have money to produce some! It’s unfair to the people who do pay, but then who cares about that? Raising the price might just encourage more people to resort to a kunda, worsening the situation!

And then all these wedding lawns using all their lights even if there is no function there that day; markets running till late night (even early morn) and then we’re all sleeping half the day!

Instead of hating on KESC (or WAPDA) so much (which should be done, don’t get me wrong!), maybe we, the people, need to start thinking about how much electricity we’re wasting and how much we generate in comparison.

[/quote]

i agree with you m8,

Have faith, Zardari hai na.. :lol:

@Specter Honored @ the sig my friend :)

Reduced gas supply to power houses causes additional load-shedding

LAHORE, Aug 26 (APP): Pakistan Electric Power Company (PEPCO) has regretted inconvenience to consumers due to additional power outages, as it resorted to forced load-shedding in few areas due to reduced gas supplies to some power houses.

The PEPCO spokesman said here Tuesday that two days back, some miscreants blew up the gas supply line between Zamzama Gas Field and Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited (SNGP). Consequently, gas supply was suspended to Muzaffargarh Power House, Kot Addu Power Company (KAPCO) and Faisalabad Gas Turbine Power Station, he added.

Following reduced gas supplies, these power houses are being operated on low capacity, causing an additional shortfall of about 1000 MW of electricity in the national grid.

Under these circumstances, he said the PEPCO has to resort to forced load-shedding in few areas, where consumers are facing load-shedding of relatively longer hours than normal load management schedules and the company regretted inconvenience caused to them (consumers).

Necessary measures are being taken by the Sui gas companies to rectify the problem, he said that it is expected the situation would be normalized by tomorrow (Wednesday).

[/quote]

^ This explains the additional load shedding.

@Abbas, two thumbs up for speaking the truth. :)

how we can forget mr 10%,

lets hope he stay 10% not 50%;)

Have faith, Zardari hai na.. :lol:

@Specter Honored @ the sig my friend :)

[/quote]

just change the whole electricity-supply system!!!!lines have become tooo old..this is the official statement of KESC chairmen

how we can forget mr 10%,

lets hope he stay 10% not 50%;)

[/quote]

he will become Mr.100% when he becomes the president no stopping him then!

just change the whole electricity-supply system!!!lines have become tooo old…this is the official statement of KESC chairmen
[/quote]

Source?

Source?

[/quote]

I heard it on GEO!!!

ppl ppl its time to understand what is happening if they dont do this how will Mr 100% (soon to be president) be true to his commission which he has taken from a few poilictical figures who are in the business of bigger and smaller gensets and batteries..... we were producing more than 14,000MW last yr at this time, our dams are full even so they have they spill ways open to let off the extra power but still we are producing less 10,000 MW, meaning even is not itself even generating its 100% capacity (they go 110-115% capacity)besides IPP's.... so do the math.... I dont want negative comments thrown at me for this and dont ask me source, its a number of internal sources.....u want to blv it, believe, dont want 2 than u can live in ur pieceful place :)

^ you don't need internal sources to know that we are generating lesser than even our current capacity...it been reported pretty widely and I think it was even stated by Mushy in his goodbye address...official reason given is Wapda has no money to pay the IPP's...

this problem is not going to go away anytime soon...these deadlines that the government gives have no value, and ask any expert they will tell you they are exceedingly unrealistic...they were planning to import electricity from Iran and Tajikistan...well I wonder if they can't pay local IPP's how will they pay those countries? :/

The government's only hope is massive financial aid from America and Saudi Arabia...

Anyways, expect tons of load shedding, and loads of tariff hikes...so sit tight folks, we are in for a rough ride...