POWER GENERATION PLANT REACHED KARACHI ToDAY!

WORLD LARGEST POWER GENERATION PLANT HAS REACHED KARACHI TODAY! MAY LOAD SHEDDING DECREASE NOw.

they will increase the tariff and will have no effect on load shedding.

another farce for the country... ministers / govt officials involved in sanctioning this probably made millions...

this probably adds to the issues rather than taking care of them...

here is a link to whats going on... http://tribune.com.pk/story/78659/worlds-largest-power-ship-arrives-in-karachi/

11-21-2010_53440_1.gif

i hope today i will not face load shedding. i also hope power terrif will not increase (as per minister) but i know these all are liars.

lights gone as usual , i wonder that thing is even working or just docked for no reason =q

when some thing we use rental its mean for temporerly like rental car etc . So what they are doing is Pakistan for temporerly is end of the world day is coming ? Why they not has done something permanent solutions Rental is always expensive Pakistani gov officials are really pigs

this power ship is supposed to be the most expensive electricity supplied to the grid, Rs15.66 per unit.

but still nothing happen,My Loadshedding still 6-7 hours daily :s nothing Changed :(

I think they didn't start using it :(

@u this isn't for you guys this they rent as it for to make money which you know as commission let them enjoy and you bear with load shedding lol

It hasn't started working yet. Apparently it will take 2-3 weeks to start producing electricity.

the output of this plant will not be available to the KESC, so loadshedding in karachi will remain the same.

It will be given to PEPCO who is involved in the agreement. KESC previously was in negotiation with this company and it was being given at much cheaper rate, then Govt intervened and brought it itself at much higher rates.

^ you have some inside news maybe but the statement by pervaiz ashraf says

"Pervez Ashraf said the Turkish ship had brought to Karachi a modern and new power generation plant, which would be helpful in smooth power supply to the city, the economic hub of the country."

i dont know what he meant by that but kesc said

the new rental project had been managed and imported by the government for the State-run Pepco and its distribution companies, which will run the plant and utilise its generation. Therefore, there will be no additional power coming from this plant to Karachi consumers, the KESC said.

its not clear why this ship was imported anyway.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

the output of this plant will not be available to the KESC, so loadshedding in karachi will remain the same.

It will be given to PEPCO who is involved in the agreement. KESC previously was in negotiation with this company and it was being given at much cheaper rate, then Govt intervened and brought it itself at much higher rates.

[/quote]

PEPCO says it was forced down their throat.