Power Crisis Driving You Insane Yet?

Any one else experiencing this weird situation where as the clock approaches certain times in the day or when you have had power for a few hours that you constantly start wondering when exactly the power is going to out? And for how long?

It's driving me nuts; I am expecting the power to disappear any minute right now :P

Is there any thing more disheartening than coming home to only find that you can't relax because the power is out? Ugh...

Not yet. It's all scheduled here, i.e. 4 times x 30 mins at same time each day. So, we're prepared beforehand. :lol:

Its scheduled too in my area 6-8 am. But the problem is that its 5 days a week. They dont cut power when they dont feel like it. Every day i am sitting here wondering "is today my lucky day?"

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Its scheduled too in my area 6-8 am. But the problem is that its 5 days a week. They dont cut power when they dont feel like it. Every day i am sitting here wondering “is today my lucky day?”
[/quote]

Same here, but somehow, it’s mostly pinned to Saturday and Sunday for some reason.

It's insane here. They have four 1 hour scheduled power cuts and one "Wildcard" 1 hour cut. The wildcard can be at the whim of the person at the grid. I shudder when I think of the coming summer months.

No scheduling in Karachi...at least in my area. Every time I sit down to get some work done on my PC...the lights go out. I am seriously considering investing in a notebook....alas the next bonus is 6 months away :(

Man, even my sleep cycles have become disturbed as a result of power-anxiety :P

In an average 24 hour period load-shedding in my area (Phase II, DHA) is at the very least 8 hours in the form of load shedding during:

1-3AM (2 hours)

8-11AM (3 hours)

3-6PM (3 hours)

9-11PM (2 hours)

I just _cant_ get any work done, I am waking up grumpy in the mornings and just plain exhausted from the day before...

Man, even my sleep cycles have become disturbed as a result of power-anxiety :P

In an average 24 hour period load-shedding in my area (Phase II, DHA) is at the very least 8 hours in the form of load shedding during:

1-3AM (2 hours)

8-11AM (3 hours)

3-6PM (3 hours)

9-11PM (2 hours)

I just cant get any work done, I am waking up grumpy in the mornings and just plain exhausted from the day before…

[/quote]

That’s called a “lot” of load shedding. Load shedding had decreased in my area. No load shedding uptill now…

Mashallah, nazar na lagay! :confused:

lil load shedding before Satruday - but now at least 6 hours a day

8-10 AM

5-7 PM

3-3:30 AM

Welcome to STONE AGE

Power goes out for 6hrs here in Lahore - most ppl think its 4 or 5 hrs but it also goes out in early morning when most ppl are asleep. I got tired too and finally bought a 5KVA Natural Gas generator. Lets see how it performs.

Not yet. It’s all scheduled here, i.e. 4 times x 30 mins at same time each day. So, we’re prepared beforehand. :lol:
[/quote]

Not anymore, I have just had 3 power cuts in last 2 hrs and that too, unscheduled.

Not yet. It’s all scheduled here, i.e. 4 times x 30 mins at same time each day. So, we’re prepared beforehand. :lol:
[/quote]

Not anymore, I have just had 3 power cuts in last 2 hrs and that too, unscheduled.

OMFG, the client PSD got corrupted. DAMN YOU KESC. :/ :/ :/

nazar lag gayi, damn! :(

Hey Guys,

I have purchased a desi ups (12000 rs) for Router and Modem.How many hours backup will it give to router and modem?I am using Shiro Modem and Linksys router.

Hey Guys,

I have purchased a desi ups (12000 rs) for Router and Modem.How many hours backup will it give to router and modem?I am using Shiro Modem and Linksys router.

[/quote]

What does it say for VA and what’s the amp of the battery?

I am not sure as battery is in some packing.My cousin purchased it for me.VA of modem's adapter?

I am not sure as battery is in some packing.My cousin purchased it for me.VA of modem’s adapter?
[/quote]

No, of the UPS

Hey Guys,

[/quote]

if you are on wet battery, it can run for atleast 4 hours straight.

Power goes out for 6hrs here in Lahore - most ppl think its 4 or 5 hrs but it also goes out in early morning when most ppl are asleep. I got tired too and finally bought a 5KVA Natural Gas generator. Lets see how it performs.
[/quote]

Dood which generator is that? cost? where u got it from?