Power consumption of LCD Vs. CRT

I was wondering whether LCD monitors consume less power than CRTs or is it the same? I have an imported UPS to back my CPU + 17" CRT which doesn't last more than 20-25 mins. However, if I turn off my CRT, the backup extends to about an hour. I'm thinking of buying LCD (17 or 19 inch) and the power factor may be an additional motivation for me to buy one (as it would extend the backup time as well). Anybody having information?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I was wondering whether LCD monitors consume less power than CRTs or is it the same? I have an imported UPS to back my CPU + 17" CRT which doesn’t last more than 20-25 mins. However, if I turn off my CRT, the backup extends to about an hour. I’m thinking of buying LCD (17 or 19 inch) and the power factor may be an additional motivation for me to buy one (as it would extend the backup time as well). Anybody having information?
[/quote]

Ya LCD consumed less power than CRT monitor.

If you are using UPS Power, then its recommended to switch to LCD monitor to maximize Backup time.

They do consume less power but I don't think it's THAT much of a difference. Your backup might go to 30 minutes as opposed to 20 but no more.

My UPS, a 525VA lasts 10-15 minutes, with my 19" LCD, router, switch and PC connected.

check:

http://savingenergy.wordpress.com/2006/11/21/saving-energy-one-monitor-at-a-time/

My LCD can run on Cells. =)

check:

http://savingenergy.wordpress.com/2006/11/21/saving-energy-one-monitor-at-a-time/

[/quote]

Thanks for the link man. I couldn’t make any sense of the graphs, but I was able to follow the advice on changing desktop theme making it dark in color and as a result, my XP desktop looks really cool now :)

LCDs these days take max. 55W i think.

while my 14 inch CRT takes 3 times that energy

huh???..kool man…can u tell us how?

[/quote]

You can check the specs of my LCD in the Signature.

Thanks for the link man. I couldn’t make any sense of the graphs, but I was able to follow the advice on changing desktop theme making it dark in color and as a result, my XP desktop looks really cool now :)
[/quote]

LOL; although you couldn’t get what you wanted but woah you found out a new thing a cool dark XP desktop. ;)