Porting out from Telenor to Zong.. Why I ported out

No.1. I don't think its the right time for us to send money to west by using Telenor(profits). I would port out to Ufone eventually,but I am not using it much and the Zong bara ana package with unlimited sms on the days I want really suits me.

Dusra I was't using it much and line rent was basically a waste of money. And they won't convert me to prepaid. And post paid package has no package for buying sms in bulk.. So Zooong..

What do you guys think about this move?

Well its Norway.. they allready have more money then they know what to do with :) But if they werent converting to Prepay, then it was a wise move :)

your second point is very valid, won't say anything about your first one because I know its gonna turn into one of those conspiracy theory arguments :P...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well its Norway… they allready have more money then they know what to do with :) But if they werent converting to Prepay, then it was a wise move :)
[/quote]

Our foreign exchange reserves are really low. I don’t think it would help the country if I keep paying telenor line rent while I am not using the number… I don’t plan to make Norway “richer”.

I have a bit of xtremism inside me and i hav always discouraged telnor

If u buy post paid number from any operator , they will never convert u to prepaid , keep this in mind. u can only change from postpaid to prepaid if u have changed from prepaid to postpaid . Me too was having this problem , i was having warid postpaid and they were not converting me to prepaid , so i decided to port out to telenor djuice first and then after 3 months i came back to warid on prepaid . In this way u can change ur postpaid number to prepaid .

Coz according to the operators , they have specific series for postpaid numbers and they cant change any postpaid serires number to prepaid. But in case of porting , their mission is to JO BAKRA AYE JANEY NA DO !

I hope u understand the procedure , if still any confusion then feel free to ask me .

Thnx for the info, hv been wanting to convert from postpaid to prepaid for a while but they werent converting and i jus loved the number

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thnx for the info, hv been wanting to convert from postpaid to prepaid for a while but they werent converting and i jus loved the number
[/quote]

Just port out to another network for 2 or 3 months and then come back to the same network and join it on prepaid

I dont know about you people but one of my friend had warid post pay number and after sometime he converted to prepaid number without any problem only by visiting their service center and it was into prepaid number in no time.

^ My Cousin Switched from Ufone Postpaid to prepaid without any trouble.

BTW I like Ufone the best. Zong may have some packages, but their network sux big time. And I've heard that Ufone is a Pakistani Company. So ali100 you should have switched to Ufone.

I would like to mention that their is not a single Pakistani mobile company , ufone is owned my etisalat , a UAE based company , Warid is also from UAE named Warid International Group Abu Dhabi , Telenor by Telenor International , Mobilink by ORascom , an egyptian company , and Zong by CHina. I dnt understand why u people think till now that ufone is a Pakistani company , come on guys , dnt u have common sense or dnt u read newspapers ?????

Secondly , may be mobile companies now have changed policies about converting from postpaid to prepaid , i was telling my experience of one year before . May be they have changed their rules about it.

One thing more Telenor , Zong or any other company has done huge investment in our country they are creating job opportunities for us and doing good to society and they came here to invest so do support them otherwise other companies will think not to come here bcoz we are to lame to give respect to those who do good for us.

Yeah , u r 100 % right