Port forwarding issues with IX360 wateen wimax modem

Anyone gotten port forwarding (to run utorrent for instance) to work with the new IX360 wateen wimax modems ?

This is a new modem they have started to offer - previous one was the blade type, and prior to that the two eared one (that they offered when wateen first started service).

I am wondering if it is a problem with the current "MAC binding" that wateen is doing - maybe some service disruption due to that - or is it something to do with a bug on the new IX360 modems (which may not have been tested fully before being used by wateen) ?

The IX360 wimax modem being offered by wateen is a ZTE device.

Or if people are able to use port forwarding with other wateen wimax modems during this "MAC binding" period.

guys first of all ASalam o walakum ..i hope every one here will be fine ...be happy always

i just want to ask that i m useing wateen net ..

i got wateen usb also

and wateen wifi router blade ..metrola also ...before binding mac i can open my port...but now i cant open it ...please some one help me out how i can open it again...

i also got another tp-link router ...... any one can help me in this case...

i need torent to be work please guys.....any idea what to do....

y we cant forword port now how to solve this problem guys any help?

So you are saying you have a wateen motorola wimax modem, which was working fine (port forwarding ok before), but now is not port forwarding correctly ?

So what changed from the before to the after case - the "MAC binding" happened ?

Or are you saying you did something to your local configuration (like adding an extra router in middle) ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

So you are saying you have a wateen motorola wimax modem, which was working fine (port forwarding ok before), but now is not port forwarding correctly ?

So what changed from the before to the after case - the “MAC binding” happened ?

Or are you saying you did something to your local configuration (like adding an extra router in middle) ?

[/quote]

dude after MAC binding this error comes up i also calll wateen help line they told me that pta ban for port forwording and wateen cant help u for port forwording coz their are some illegal activites and we dont block any port…

and i also got another tp-link router is it possible to forowrd the port now ?

i got wateen wimax metrola wifi blade device......and also tp-link router....

need help how to open port

please contact me

khushbooo67@yahoo.com add me on yahoo for helping me out

kind regards

khan

Maybe the wateen person did not understand "port forwarding.

Maybe the wateen person did not understand "port forwarding.
[/quote]

your forword your port on wateen?

i also have tp-link router what to do with that dude

Your questions are one-liners - I don't understand what you are asking.

You forward the ports you want to use for utorrent etc. in the wateen wimax modem.

Your questions are one-liners - I don’t understand what you are asking.

You forward the ports you want to use for utorrent etc. in the wateen wimax modem.

[/quote]

add me khushbooo67@yahoo.com

i want to ask that i want to open my port i cant open it i dont know y

i also have tp-link router

guied me how to open the port…

before binding mac i open my port and i cheak my port on www.canyouseeme.org port was listen succesfull but right now after binding i forword my port but my port isnt open i dont know y

So you are using motorola blade wimax modem and have not changed anything. Only thing that has changed is the wateen mac binding thing that is going on - and because of that port forwarding is no longer working ?

Or did you change anything on your end ?

If you didn't change anything, then it is probably because of wateen mac binding - it may also have disabled their port forwarding (incompetent management) - which will take them another 6 months (if the past is any guide) to fix. As they have NO way for these complaints to forward to management or support people.

Helpline people don't understand what port forwarding is.

Maybe solution is to wait for 2 weeks for wateen to fix it - if not, leave wateen and switch to some other wimax.

It seems that is the only way wateen understands what is going on - after people have left. Their own franchise people criticize them for being unresponsive.

Their problem is they have arab owners - and they hire people to run the company in pakistan who they are familiar with and not necessarily the best management money could buy.

Same issue with Warid - arab ownership means upper management is thullay to some equally clueless arab owner. Since with many of these owners they acquired money not from some prior business competence, but because of oil or some cozy relationship with their local country sheikhs. So the arab owners are less competent and that winds up impacting all the organizations they run.

Look at KESC and PTCL (Etisalat bought big portion of it) - although PTCL has improved somewhat (but not totally).

yeah i call on wateen helpline even t hey dont understand what is port forwording ....

You know at wateen they don't have any supervisors, tech support or upper management let alone bottom level management exposed to the Pakistani public /

The only people you have access to are the franchise people (who are also frustrated by wateen) and the wateen helpline.

They have NO way to escalate problems to tech support or have you talk or explain anything to anybody else except the non-tech helpline folks (who have an unenviable job trying to handle angry customers).

This company should not be allowed to do business in pakistan, if their management is not visible to pakistanis. What are they hiding from ?