POLL: Would you use a Feeds via SMS Service on Blogs?

title says it all. would you sign up for a service which lets you provide sms feeds service for your blog? if yes, would you consider it if its for pakistan only?

Yeah that would be a really good idea if it was a free service.

I have to wonder though, how many Pakistanis use the net on their mobiles? I ask because after they receive updates via SMS they will still have to go online to read the blog post. If their mobile doesn't support net browsing then they won't bother coming to the blog.

Thanks for the response. Well even if they don't use net on their mobile phones, they can still keep track of the post they are interested in, so they can check it when they go online.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thanks for the response. Well even if they don’t use net on their mobile phones, they can still keep track of the post they are interested in, so they can check it when they go online.
[/quote]

Ah but no one will do that because they will have to type the long blog post URL into their browser manually. You need to think about the usability aspect of it.

As it is people hesitate to type in the URLs they see in their newspapers and other offline ads. These are small URLs like www.example.com. If you have a reasonably popular website you will know that a lot of people type in the name of your site into google because they find it easier to go through google than remembering your URL. No one will type www.example.com/2009/12/1/the-is-my-long-blog-post-title/ .

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

title says it all. would you sign up for a service which lets you provide sms feeds service for your blog? if yes, would you consider it if its for pakistan only?
[/quote]

yes i would sign up for such a service but the charges would be high though just imagine that around 2000 subscribers are there and if one post is done a msg would be sent to all 2000 subscribers ufffff that’s a huge amount…