Plz help me regarding ram

hi dears..

i have asked many a time whether i can use kingston 800 Mhz ram with Corsair 800 Mhz ram which is already installed in my pc.??

i have asked many a time but got no favourable answer.

plz help me out if anyone knows.

Also that can i use two rams of same bus speed each of different brand on a single motherboard at a time?

Yes, u can use both rams with same bus speed. no problem shall occur.

Yes Man U Can

Essentially the only thing you need to worry about when buying new RAM is what speed (i.e. the Front Side Bus e.g. 400 MHz, 533 Mhz etc) your motherboard supports. Some points to consider:

- If your RAM does not match the speed of your motherboard, it will run at the slower of the two speeds, or might not possibly work at all.

- If you mix a faster speed RAM, with a slower one, both will run at the slower speed of the two RAM sticks.

- Its preferable (but not required) that you use two of the same size RAM modules. This can result in higher efficiency and performance.

- To be on the safe side, its best to not mix different brands of RAM as it may possibly result in incompatibilities. However, more often than not, it'll run just fine.

The short answer to your question is, yes you can use Kingston 800Mhz and Corsair 800 Mhz RAM together, and it should work perfectly.

Thanx alot but one query is that whats the effect of using two rams of different brands as the bus speed of both the rams are same and have same memory.

also i consider kingston preferrable to corsair for hooter countries like pakistan as my pc was continuously restarting intermittently in July bt now it hasnt restarted even once...

i m sure that the ram is culprit of this weird problem and thats why i m biased towards kingston rather than corsair though corsair is abit more expensive.

plz let me know whether i m right in my perception or is it wrong??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thanx alot but one query is that whats the effect of using two rams of different brands as the bus speed of both the rams are same and have same memory.

also i consider kingston preferrable to corsair for hooter countries like pakistan as my pc was continuously restarting intermittently in July bt now it hasnt restarted even once…

i m sure that the ram is culprit of this weird problem and thats why i m biased towards kingston rather than corsair though corsair is abit more expensive.

plz let me know whether i m right in my perception or is it wrong??

[/quote]

noo ur perception is wrong…