Plz fix the ping/ latency issue

Well I'm having a blast enjoying wimax as it should be on Qubee. I've had zero downtime (so far), downloads are super fast, browsing is an A+. Except for one thing.. Its the damn latency on gaming servers. I'm more than aware that ping on wimax will always be higher as compared to wired DSL connections. However, this is way too much, even for qubee. I used to get 200-250ms latency on wateen, but on Qubee, i'm getting close to 350-400ms oO. I've already submitted a support ticket to Customer support. However, I still haven't heard from them yet. I mostly play online games (tf2, l4d2) on MBL's gaming servers. I've also sent them a query as well and they responded within hours. They told me that the routing is a little messed up, hence the higher latencies. They've asked me to speak to the Qubee guyz about this issue, as only they can fix it. Please guyz, I'd really like assistance in this matter. It would make my life alot easier. I'm also attaching a trace route. Please look into it.

qubeetraceroute.th.jpg

bro this is the disadvantage of using wireless, it will give u bad latency in gaming unfortunately.

although i am karachi user, i am getting 180ms ping to the server you mentioned which i think is quite good.

i get 30-100ms pings on counterstrike servers also, so i dont thinks it problem of qubee

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

bro this is the disadvantage of using wireless, it will give u bad latency in gaming unfortunately.

although i am karachi user, i am getting 180ms ping to the server you mentioned which i think is quite good.

i get 30-100ms pings on counterstrike servers also, so i dont thinks it problem of qubee

[/quote]

As a former Qubee user I played COD 4 on Wateen server and MBL server with latency between 70-95 ms,sometimes 110 ms.Now as a Wateen user,I play on their servers with over 250 ms.So technically this is the ISP’s issue regarding the quality of the network.

And judging by the trace route posted above,I believe Qubee should investigate the issue.

Update: Though I haven't heard back from the Qubee guyz, even after 3 days. It appears that my complain did indeed went to their respective technical department. My tracert now shows a 100ms difference and a drop from previous 17 to 13 hops. I now get 220-240ms ping compared to 350+ :).. The game has now become quite playable (make no mistake, tf2's netcode is simply outstanding, it was playable even on 350), I wouldn't mind if they could drop it further up to 150ms. My friend who is using Witribe 1Mbps connection, reported that he's under 150ms with his wimax oO.. Unless their routing is off the hook, something indeed needs to optimized at Qubee's side. Overally i'm very satisfed with their service. Just wish it would've been even better if I was given a CPE instead of shuttle USB. Would make my life alot easier and plus I won't have problems running it on ubuntu.

qubeeupdatedtraceroute.th.jpg

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Update: Though I haven’t heard back from the Qubee guyz, even after 3 days. It appears that my complain did indeed went to their respective technical department. My tracert now shows a 100ms difference and a drop from previous 17 to 13 hops. I now get 220-240ms ping compared to 350+ :)… The game has now become quite playable (make no mistake, tf2’s netcode is simply outstanding, it was playable even on 350), I wouldn’t mind if they could drop it further up to 150ms. My friend who is using Witribe 1Mbps connection, reported that he’s under 150ms with his wimax oO… Unless their routing is off the hook, something indeed needs to optimized at Qubee’s side. Overally i’m very satisfed with their service. Just wish it would’ve been even better if I was given a CPE instead of shuttle USB. Would make my life alot easier and plus I won’t have problems running it on ubuntu.
[/quote]

Yes that is an improvement indeed.However,all Wimax provider must optimize their networks by reduing the number of hops to minimize the latency.