Please help! STUFF LOST IN SHIPPING FROM USA*

Hello friend This is Halar Aka Hazy and I desperately need someone's help.

My friend Had sent me a box containing PS3, PSP' and 200cds about a year ago exact date should be

(7-1-13). And I haven't received it yet and the worst thing of all is that it's now been over a year.

I really struggled and tried so anxiously much to get my stuff. Visited city's GPOs a ton of times. Tried to get help from pakgov.com thing and contacted lots of numbers, but despite all never even reached my box. And my friend also did the same from his side and nor he was ever sent back he box in any case.

And now it's been over a year and I literally can't carry on the disappointment and anxiety any longer. I just now want to know if there is still some way to get it somehow miraculously on god's earth. If not, then I just want a legit word from any official to be convinced and peacefully let it go and move on. I know most of you would not even bother thinking about a moment and would tell me immediately its gone forget bout it.

But please I seriously need someone to explain it to me why. Yes, I might sound so dumb because by now it's clear enough to believe without a doubt I can't get it, but I want to know why I couldn't get it. And if I still can get it somehow.

Please guys I know it might be not of that big deal, but it is for a me because for a guy like me all by himself its practically near impossible for me to get a spp and ps3 and as well as its always been my craziest and dearest dream to have the stuff I was getting and more importantly it was a gift and free.

Now I earnestly request with very humble n yearning heart every single member on wired PAK specially admins to help me. I will really owe a serious big time and will unimagineably be grateful.

Things that I probably should mention.

I didn't provide my postal code because I never knew I was supposed to or there was anything like that because we'd tried a flat box with "16 CDs and a USB" as a test that didn't have the "postal/zip code" either but yet got it.

BOX WAS SENT VIA (Priority Mail Int'l " USPS") following is the snapshot of receipt.

[THE TRACKING CODE IS CW451953072US]

Which postal service you used for this? DHL, USPS etc?

Posting your tracking number on http://ep.gov.pk/track.asp doesn't give much information. Only 3 events.

Frankly, given that it has been so long, it is unlikely that you will receive the shipment. Maybe post on pakgamers as there seem to be a fair number of discussions on shipping (I am neither a member of that forum nor visit it; just some previous google searches had me browsing a few of their threads).

I ordered a couple of books from Amazon about 2 months ago. Previously, I have received their shipments. Not this time. Could be stuck in customs, but I think somebody decided to do a disappearance act :)

@mtrtmk (general question, not in case of OP)

If we assume that an item is stuck in customs, is there any way to contact them, pay custom and get it?

& ordering an item via POST decreases how much percent chances of receiving it?

If you do not received your order in 45-60 days then the chances are you will not receive them at all.

Did you immediately contacted the customs/GPO when you did not receive it 30 days from the day of dispatch or you waited for a year to contact them ?

Unclaimed packages are most of the time either left alone or probably stolen which might not be very encouraging for you to hear.

I have received a lot of orders from China/Singapore to my door step and about 5-10% have never arrived. I got refunds on items that I never received.

@RashidNQH

Sorry don't know much about customs etc.

In the past, I have only ordered books from Amazon. I haven't tried to contact customs for any late shipments. Sometimes have been charged Rs 20 to 40. Sometimes no charge.

If you have tracking number provided by the shipper, then contacting customs might be an option; though based solely on reading threads on internet (not from personal experience), bribes might be asked.

Don't know much about POST either. I have only ordered from Amazon. They have a good refund policy in case of stolen/missing packages.

If something valuable is being shipped, I would imagine there is more chance of it going missing.

Visit your local GPO head office with the tracking number, also ask the sender of the parcel to inquire with US post, they will start a trace as well. In Karachi the head office is on II Chundrigar road.

What postage/shipping type was used? Air Mail? Air Parcel? EMS?

Contact the Postmaster General at your GPO and request inquiry/investigation. Don't bother with the lower staff. IIRC, the sender can initiate an inquiry for tracing lost parcel. If it was insured, the insured amount could be claimed if investigation results in declaration of it being lost.

It is highly doubtful that it will be found after 12 months.

the worest thing is PS4 has arrived now

someone in customs or pak post maybe liked the stuff and took it to home for children

the end

Brother it was the USPS.

[quote="SupMA5TER, post:2, topic:20696"]

Which postal service you used for this? DHL, USPS etc?

[/quote]

I know Bro trust me, I acknowledge the fact that it's not likely to be delivered or even done something about it. But my question is do you have any idea why it wasn't delivered at all. I mean as I mentioned in my topic, I didn't provide my zip/postcode is it because of that or some other reason. Another thing Bro my friend and I'd tried a smaller package may be a flat box or something like that just to test and see if I was receiving things and I did though we'd never labeled the package with a postcode another thing to notice it was sent via FIRST CLASS INT'L which is I believe a lower method than priority but however we received it and it confuses me damn to much.

and yes Pakgamers i m already on it and trying to get any possible help i can get.

[quote="mtrtmk, post:3, topic:20696"]

Posting your tracking number on http://ep.gov.pk/track.asp doesn't give much information. Only 3 events.

Frankly, given that it has been so long, it is unlikely that you will receive the shipment. Maybe post on pakgamers as there seem to be a fair number of discussions on shipping (I am neither a member of that forum nor visit it; just some previous google searches had me browsing a few of their threads).

I ordered a couple of books from Amazon about 2 months ago. Previously, I have received their shipments. Not this time. Could be stuck in customs, but I think somebody decided to do a disappearance act :)

[/quote]

well i've already registered the fact that 45 to 60 days absence actually is a striking sign that my package is either potentially messed up or lost.

and as far as gpo is concerned i went over their but always ended up talking to some bunch of retards and illitrate dumb guys who made up their own stories to just convince me that they knew about the stuff and know about their jobs. it didn't turn out to be any helpful to visit my city's gpo and as well as my city's gpo is not even some official one. i mean its not on http://ep.gov.pk/. and at our gpo there is not even a single pc to be found to carry out any eletronical task which in my case was perhaps a necessity. and the nearest REGISTERED GPO " thats the word dat i should probably use" was in sukkur and i live in shikarpur.

nonetheless i contacted so many numbers but none of them could be of any help regarding the package.

and dude its ok been taking that s**t for a long time and it doesn't discourage me anymore, i need to admit it its been long time and its highly unlikely to be received now.

[quote="kashifmahmood, post:5, topic:20696"]

If you do not received your order in 45-60 days then the chances are you will not receive them at all.

Did you immediately contacted the customs/GPO when you did not receive it 30 days from the day of dispatch or you waited for a year to contact them ?

Unclaimed packages are most of the time either left alone or probably stolen which might not be very encouraging for you to hear.

I have received a lot of orders from China/Singapore to my door step and about 5-10% have never arrived. I got refunds on items that I never received.

[/quote]

Bro of course we'd already done that. its the very first thing we are likely to do in case of missing or if something starts appearing wrong with the package.

my friend from his side and i from my side. have done every possible thing we could do. i mean by possible thing like contacting customs office. contacting lots of numbers visiting local GPO head office and bringing the TRACKING NUMBER over there was always like embarrassing yourself because they don't have a single pc lying around the GPO so they could do something about it. now i only need to know if there is any head office would could probably help me or at least they could inquire and trace my box and can provide me necessary info about my package. if the info is going to be not so pleasant so be it. i don't mind i just wanna have a legit word

[quote=", post:7, topic:20696"]

Visit your local GPO head office with the tracking number, also ask the sender of the parcel to inquire with US post, they will start a trace as well. In Karachi the head office is on II Chundrigar road.

[/quote]

Thanks Sir for response. Sir all I know that he'd sent me via PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL further I don't really know if it was AIR MAIL OR EMS STUFF. I think Priority mail Int'l itself describe what does it use to ship the package which I am not aware of and I assume others are.

And Sir, I've gone there some many times, but they've never even given me any slightest info regarding my box. My Friend also did alot called USPS a ton of times but they said they don't know a thing about the package once it leaves the county and this is what my friend told me and eventually he told me that he'd lost the receipt and he wouldn't be able to claim the insurance. And I agree with you, Sir its potentially lost. But the only thing I want right now is a legit word like some official telling me it's lost and you can't get it so I can let it go. Because I never received any note, any letter to receive it or its detained if you know what I mean.

I have uploaded the pic of the receipt I hope don't mind me requesting you putting a sight on it.

[quote="Asad, post:8, topic:20696"]

What postage/shipping type was used? Air Mail? Air Parcel? EMS?

Contact the Postmaster General at your GPO and request inquiry/investigation. Don't bother with the lower staff. IIRC, the sender can initiate an inquiry for tracing lost parcel. If it was insured, the insured amount could be claimed if investigation results in declaration of it being lost.

It is highly doubtful that it will be found after 12 months.

[/quote]

Ummm didn't know the fact that PS4 was out in the early months of 2013. Thanks.

[quote=", post:9, topic:20696"]

the worest thing is PS4 has arrived now

someone in customs or pak post maybe liked the stuff and took it to home for children

the end

[/quote]

A quick Look at usps tracking revealed that it may lost somewhere in New York because after that it did not show any further record

Hey brother, i am a new member at Wired Pakistan, but have been part of the internet business community for 7 years now. It breaks my heart to read details of your experience.

I have been using Amazon straight on for Books for 2 years. Used to have them imported via DHL (books only) and never had any trouble. I also used USPS Express and got it delivered to my address via my area's postman.

Recently, i got scammed by DHL when i imported 2 shipments. First time i let it slip, but second time i caught them and ran my contacts in, let's say, security and law agencies. I tracked the guy who stole the invoice and also bullshitted them to my heart's fill. I also have to thank and unsung brother at Wired Pakistan, who helped me with some information on shipping modes.

Few things you need to keep in mind:

a. Priority Mail is not the best option. It is like tying your goods at the back of a seagull and hoping it reaches you.

b. USPS Express is good and sometimes the best as long as the address is right, the postal code is there and you are well acquainted with your postman.

c. You have to have some contacts to help you out in these crisis. This is how things work in Pakistan.

Now coming to the subject of your shipment - it is lost. 12 months later, it could have been auctioned out, had it reached the GPO, or it could have been stolen. Was the original invoice or a proforma invoice attached by the sender ? GPO is liable to abide by law and not steal the items when the invoice is on the shipment box. However, this is just a precautionary measure, not a guarantee.

Also, the location matters a lot. For instance, i live in Rawalpindi and all the stuff comes to an Islamabd and then Army cantonment area. Therefore, it is easy to track packages that is if your shipping mode was USPS Express Mail. Now, with all this speech written down, i am at the verge of ordering more stuff. This time, all of it through USPS Express Mail >>>>> GPO>>>>> Postman >>>>> Me. Let's see how it goes. I will be back again after 15 - 20 days to fill you in on my accounts.

Jazak-Allah and don't hesitate to PM me with questions.

Regards

Bilal Malik

First of all Brother. SINCERELY i want to thank you with all my heart and I just can't tell you how grateful I am for your such explanatory enlightening response.

And I must say you are the by far the most responsive and most informative and the best guy and "of course I believe the very first friend on wiredpakistan which is I hope is safe to assume.

I am really happy to come across you because I really needed a person to guide me things sincerely and generously. Brother you will never know my gratitude for the kindness and consideration for helping me.

Actually, my intention to make this topic was to understand the nature of this shipment because my friend in the US is just holding on another package to send me and see if it work this time. Brother actually we are trying to learn how to send and receive things from US successfully and I am really happy and so glad to have myself stumble across you and I have a strong feeling I am interacting with an absolute perfect guy that i exactly needed to enlighten me regarding the shipment process.

Bro Please help Both of us to have the things shipped from America successfully and I am just so impatient and so uneasy restless to receive the stuff. Because now he has a PS3, PS4 D'camera and lots of other delicate stuff to gift me. And really we'd owe you a really great time sincerely if you considered to help us to get the things pulled off.

Please respond me as soon as possible because for now I want to humbly request you to let me know how should I provide my address because I think the last time there was something wrong with my address and more over I hadn't even had the zip/postal code of my city labelled on the packaged that I never knew at that time the severity of it and barely knew the fact of it and I think its absence is potentially the reason my package and stuff that I'd always dreamed of having hadn't reached me.

Please Please Please Please RESPOND ME I'D BE IMMEASURABLY THANKFUL AND UNDER YOUR PRICELESS DEBTS.

Thanks once again by heart for such a response.

[quote=", post:17, topic:20696"]

Hey brother, i am a new member at Wired Pakistan, but have been part of the internet business community for 7 years now. It breaks my heart to read details of your experience.

I have been using Amazon straight on for Books for 2 years. Used to have them imported via DHL (books only) and never had any trouble. I also used USPS Express and got it delivered to my address via my area's postman.

Recently, i got scammed by DHL when i imported 2 shipments. First time i let it slip, but second time i caught them and ran my contacts in, let's say, security and law agencies. I tracked the guy who stole the invoice and also bullshitted them to my heart's fill. I also have to thank and unsung brother at Wired Pakistan, who helped me with some information on shipping modes.

Few things you need to keep in mind:

a. Priority Mail is not the best option. It is like tying your goods at the back of a seagull and hoping it reaches you.

b. USPS Express is good and sometimes the best as long as the address is right, the postal code is there and you are well acquainted with your postman.

c. You have to have some contacts to help you out in these crisis. This is how things work in Pakistan.

Now coming to the subject of your shipment - it is lost. 12 months later, it could have been auctioned out, had it reached the GPO, or it could have been stolen. Was the original invoice or a proforma invoice attached by the sender ? GPO is liable to abide by law and not steal the items when the invoice is on the shipment box. However, this is just a precautionary measure, not a guarantee.

Also, the location matters a lot. For instance, i live in Rawalpindi and all the stuff comes to an Islamabd and then Army cantonment area. Therefore, it is easy to track packages that is if your shipping mode was USPS Express Mail. Now, with all this speech written down, i am at the verge of ordering more stuff. This time, all of it through USPS Express Mail >>>>> GPO>>>>> Postman >>>>> Me. Let's see how it goes. I will be back again after 15 - 20 days to fill you in on my accounts.

Jazak-Allah and don't hesitate to PM me with questions.

Regards

Bilal Malik

[/quote]

Sorry for posting in an inactive thread. But it relates to my earlier post in this thread.

Gave up on my books from Amazon ordered in November. And they turned up today, more than 3 months after shipment. The vagaries of international shipping.