Please help me to select LCD or LED monitor within a budget of 12000

Hello to all, Guys Please help me to select LCD or LED monitor within a budget of 12000(500 more or less not matter). My basic purpose will be watching HD (720p) movies, songs and videos.

Guys i am quite confused help me to select best buy within my range as per my requirement and also confused that which is better screen LED or LCD.

Also want to know that I will connect my laptop with the LCD but my laptop does'nt have HDMI or DVI slot, so can i Play HD content with just VGA cable and if not can I connect my Laptop with DVI or HDMI thru any other way.

Thanx in Advance.

I too am in a need of buying one and i do have more or less the same requirement criteria. The ones I've spotted in this budget are:

HP LED 2011 20" BLACK WIDESCREEN for 13K

AOC LED E2043FSK 20" LED BLACK WIDESCREEN for 11.9K

DELL LED E1912H 18.5" WIDESCREEN for 10.3K

SAMSUNG LED S20A300B 20" HIGH GLOSSY BLACK for 12K.

Check galaxy.com.pk for more choice of LCDs and LEDs...I'm a fan of Samsung but AOC seems pretty good choice. I would like to have some reviews about it too.

Samsung is a go...

[quote=“nvd650, post:3, topic:16447”]

Samsung is a go…

[/quote]

Hmm…I’m taking your words on this purchase bro…Actually the AOC one looks slimmer and can be mounted on to the wall…thats an awesome feature in my system arrangement…Rest Samsung was something I was pretty damn sure to buy but then saw this AOC model and got a little confused…

Sincere views please…The purchase has to take place this week.

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:4, topic:16447”]

Hmm…I’m taking your words on this purchase bro…Actually the AOC one looks slimmer and can be mounted on to the wall…thats an awesome feature in my system arrangement…Rest Samsung was something I was pretty damn sure to buy but then saw this AOC model and got a little confused…

Sincere views please…The purchase has to take place this week.

[/quote]

If you remember this post

after few weeks I sold that touch monitor and purchased Samsung BX 2250 and quite satisfied with it, well hanging with wall is not cool option as the screen size is not big enough ;) rest choice is your’s. But Samsung is more reliable in Pakistan market than AOC (not sure AOC repute in rest of world even)

[quote=“nvd650, post:5, topic:16447”]

If you remember this post

after few weeks I sold that touch monitor and purchased Samsung BX 2250 and quite satisfied with it, well hanging with wall is not cool option as the screen size is not big enough ;) rest choice is your’s. But Samsung is more reliable in Pakistan market than AOC (not sure AOC repute in rest of world even)

[/quote]

My work space has a limited width…So it seems pretty neat to have an LCD infront of me. But still a stand alone setup can also be made. For all purposes how is this LED.? Does it really pays back?

Yes, that is very fine & cost me almost 21000. But it is far better than any other LED in market. Response time is 2ms and 2 hdmi ports. But with only difference of response time, there is model available in range of 15-16 K and that is Full HD 1080p. while other in range of 720p or lower are easily available in range of 11500-12500.

How about this one?

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:8, topic:16447”]

How about this one?

[/quote]

I am also Planning to buy the same one, views from those who own samsung or same model will be very useful.

okay like my previous opinion based purchase () I'm again counting on WP's members opinion on this purchase too. I've finalized my purchase date. And that is tomorrow at max. Budget is 15K max.

Have to buy a 20-23" LED/LCD. Should be Elegant and performance beast. My preference would be Samsung due to its quality. And if i'm able to fetch an HDMI I/O LED/LCD in this budget then it would be an awesome buy.

Anxiously waiting for Suggestions. Time is short. Plz!

Bump!

You can probably get a 21.5" Dell/Samsung/HP in 15k. They are all very similar unless you're someone involved in graphics designing. The better series aren't available here - except for BX series of Samsung and that is hard to find too.

[quote=“Asad_N, post:12, topic:16447”]

You can probably get a 21.5" Dell/Samsung/HP in 15k. They are all very similar unless you’re someone involved in graphics designing. The better series aren’t available here - except for BX series of Samsung and that is hard to find too.

[/quote]

i just won’t it to be a best buy…what If i get a good LED, but then with less features and on the other hand there was one available with better specs same price…thats something I don’t want it to happen.

There is not much difference between LED and LCD apart that LED saves energy. I just bought LG 50" LCD 720p. Its good. Samsung are no doubt good looking but was expensive.

LED's have better color saturation compared to LCD's. Plus they use under 30 watts when in operation, and consume 1 watt while in standby mode. There's no reason why you shouldn't opt LED over LCD.

I know about this stuff..Samsung LED is what I'm going to buy...Could you recommend any model within 15K budget...20-23"LED.

Okay guys finally ended up purchasing S20A300B Samsung LED. Its really awesome. My so far experience is "Wao!"...and its quite wide I must say...20"LED is way too enough...let alone 21.5" or 23".

Congrats, that's why I was asking for Samsung- it's always wow :)

[quote=“nvd650, post:18, topic:16447”]

Congrats, that’s why I was asking for Samsung- it’s always wow :)

[/quote]

Thanks, the price is simply nothing compared to the viewing experience. Thank God! it has DVI…now need to get some HD content downloading to get the best out of it.

i saw a LED made by dell on an Online store www.AlazizOnline.com picture is also very clear please check it out