Please guide through Muslim Town, Rawalpindi

I have a visit to Muslim Town, Rawalpindi on Saturday. I'll leave from Sheikhupura on almost 12 PM.

I am planning to get there via Motorway M2. this will be the first time I'll personally drive through there. and really need an easy and short way through

Please also consider the Time Specific Traffic while helping.

I'll be looking for less traffic indeed.

and as you guys know current raining situation. I'd really want you to take the water drainage situation on the roads in mind. ofcourse I'll hope for no water in the way :rolleyes:

> how much TIME it takes on how much SPEED/Km via M2 from [Thokar, Lahore] to [iSB Motorway Linkroad]?

> the estimated time from the M2 [interchange/ISB MtrWay Linkroad] to Muslim Town?

> also is there any other way to take out from M2, for Muslim Town?

thank you.

Go to http://maps.google.com

Enter "Muslim Town, Rawalpindi" in text-box and click on Search Maps. It will give you the list with "Muslim Town, Kurri Rd, Rāwalpindi, Rawalpindi, Pakistan" (or similar) on the left side of screen. Click on this link and it will open the maps of Muslim Town, Rawalpindi. Now zoom out and look at the roads. If you do not have a printer then take a paper and pen and draw a rough sketch of some roads that will lead to this.

From last year, I am using Google Maps more and more. I am so much into Google Maps that I am deciding to buy either a GPS navigator with google maps or a cellphone with GPS and install google maps in it.

^thank you wampyr. and I have just posted here after exploring the google maps. and I did search for the exact thing.

and yes I'll have a map on hard copy with me. and also I'll use my mobile too but just for viewing the map. don't have GPS navigator. I am missing it right now.

but I was hoping to have some information about the current traffic, and landmarks. and on road water problems. that I couldn't see in the maps.

also I was wishing to have answers of the listed questions.

I think you can give some of them or all...

Well I can tell you that at a constant speed 110 KM per hour you can get to Islamabad from Lahore through M2 in about 5 hours.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well I can tell you that at a constant speed 110 KM per hour you can get to Islamabad from Lahore through M2 in about 5 hours.
[/quote]

thanks. are you sure it would take that much. its about 390 Kilo Meters from Lahore through Rawalpindi.

@wampyr

expecting some more info. relating to the questions, if you could. thanks any way :)

And no other one?

I live in Muslim Town and i think you'll be here in 45 minutes from M2. And come from Khanna Pul side.

thanks. are you sure it would take that much. its about 390 Kilo Meters from Lahore through Rawalpindi.

[/quote]

Yeah I’m sure. 5 hours or maybe 20 to 30 minutes less. Depends on if you make a stop at the designated refreshment spots along the way or not.

btw when did google update road names for Pakistan? I was checking my location on E90 yesterday and it gave all the road names even the street names in my area, it was a pleasant surprise.

^ Google technically didn't add the road names. The whole map has been made by general users. You can add to the map yourself here: http://www.google.com/mapmaker

I live in Muslim Town and i think you’ll be here in 45 minutes from M2. And come from Khanna Pul side.
[/quote]

Thank you very much.

just confirming is it the way you suggested? and the Red high-lighted road (Khanna Road).

map-thumb.jpg

I can see 2 more alternatives the Farooq e Azam Rd and Kurri Rd. I am sure you preferred the Khanna Road over them with some reason. so ofcourse I’ll choose that. Khanna Pull is not shown on the listed map so I guess it should be on Khanna Road any where or where it interconnect with Islamabad Express Way.

I hope I get you correct in that way.

please confirm that I am right about what I understood.

also if you live in Muslim Town then can you please give me a hint about B-V (block, sector, or whatever it is) in Muslim Town from the following map?

and I learnt about any Hajji Chowk on Sadiqabad Road, can you please locate that on the map?

map1.jpg

once again thank you very much

btw when did google update road names for Pakistan? I was checking my location on E90 yesterday and it gave all the road names even the street names in my area, it was a pleasant surprise.
[/quote]

yes if you are interested than sah is right about the fact. and if you have any near plans to add some thing in it then I’ll really request you to identify the correct location before drawing on makmaker so that no one could get confused about your placemarks.

It really helps. really very helps.

Yeah I’m sure. 5 hours or maybe 20 to 30 minutes less. Depends on if you make a stop at the designated refreshment spots along the way or not.

[/quote]

hmm ok. thanks

Okay i also live in Sector B and i am quite near to Hajji Chowk too and you asked about Hajji Chowk so it just come before Sadiqabad.

thank you. is it possible for you to placemark the locations on the map?

and the way I high-lighted is that you suggested?

map1.jpg

I just mentioned Hajji Chowk on a map and but there is a huge area which is covered with B-Block. So tell me where you actually have to go ?

thanks for the marking.

and that is some where in B-V, where I got to reach.

and I was actually advised to stay on Hajji Chowk and call to be taken from there.

I live in B-III and i think B-V is just 10 minutes drive and you'll reach to Hajji Chowk easily by this map.

Just a take Khanna Road then reach Fazaia Inter College jinnah camp and then follow the same road and better ask someone when you reach Jinnah Camp.

thank you very much Sani. I'll surely ask some one there.

and I was thinking about the following route.

M2-Isb Mtrway Lnk Rd -> GT Road -> I.J. Principal Road -> Nawaz Sharif Park -> Farooq e Azam Rd -> Saqiqabad Rd -> Hajji Chowk

can you please tell me

is it better and/or shorter than the above one high-lighted in first map?

or that high-lighted one is better than this?

Second High-lighted route is much better and easy to understand.