Please advice me about Graphic card

I have have a Dell Precision 670 workstation, which I am trying to beef up to be a gaming PC.

It currently has :

Xeon 3.6 Ghz ,3.6 Ghz (2 processors)

4GB Ram (ECC PCI DDR2)

150 GB SCSI Hard disk

Support for PCI-Ex16 Graphics card, up to 150Watts.

650Watt power supply.

I have 23 Inches Dell TFT.

I am looking to get a Graphic card,

My question is this. With my upgrades, will the power supply be big enough?

and is it workstations for gaming PC?

. I wanna know if its worth me spending extra on this Dell, o

Cheers!

DB

PCI slot supported graphic cards are not enough for gaming needs cuz most of pci cards comes with heatsinc not with fan and heatsinc not good for gaming purpose you have to upgrade your momboard (if possibal) which accepts AGP fan graphics cards for best gaming experience

power supply will work if not it can be easily rechange

You must be specific, which card do you have in mind for the upgrade? Which games do you want to play?

Thank you for your replying

this time i have Nvidia Quadro FX 3450 PCI EXPRESS card

and i want to play Dirt 2 , Burnout Paradise, COD 4, etc

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thank you for your replying

this time i have Nvidia Quadro FX 3450 PCI EXPRESS card

and i want to play Dirt 2 , Burnout Paradise, COD 4, etc

[/quote]

Quadros are suited for professional graphics/CAD work, not games. If you’re doing extensive CAD work, get the Quadro, if not, it’s useless to waste so much money…just get a normal gaming card equivalent.

Looking at the specs of the card you listed, it’s a derivative of the GeForce 6800 GPU…a 5 year old GPU. You won’t be able to run many modern games well with that. I’d suggest you get a new gfx card like GeForce 450, 550 and above.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

PCI slot supported graphic cards are not enough for gaming needs cuz most of pci cards comes with heatsinc not with fan and heatsinc not good for gaming purpose you have to upgrade your momboard (if possibal) which accepts AGP fan graphics cards for best gaming experience
[/quote]

He is absolutely right. Get some thing better to get better gaming experince.