Plasma 50" vs LCD 40" HD

I am upgrading my standard 32"inch TV to a flat screen.

I want to enjoy both size and quality of video. And I love to play PS3 and really want to enjoy its graphics.

How good is a Samsung C430 50" tv compared to a 40" Full HD LCD. Both cost the same.

50" is massive but its 720p. Would it really make a difference at this size?

Waow, I am amazed to hear of a non-flat 32 inch TV. I wonder how it looks like.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I wonder how it looks like.
[/quote]

it looks like tv

I am upgrading my standard 32"inch TV to a flat screen.

I want to enjoy both size and quality of video. And I love to play PS3 and really want to enjoy its graphics.

How good is a Samsung C430 50" tv compared to a 40" Full HD LCD. Both cost the same.

50" is massive but its 720p. Would it really make a difference at this size?

[/quote]

Mmmm… both are next to each other. not much of a defining difference there. Plasma, relatively shows better blacks.

Why don’t you take your Ps3 to the respective shop and run your same favorit, colorful ps3 game on both of displays and decide for your self.

If either of em shows better details in darkened images and doesn’t look dull in a excessive room lighting, buy that one.

I am pretty sure you would come out with plasma.

Besides playing games, if you are going to use LOCAL CABLE for your Sports, Entertainment channels. The HD thing doesn't matters :P

LCD may look a little brighter and sharper, but the problems

with LCD are bleeding, screen-door effect and the angle of

vision. These are due to the nature of the technology involved

(backlight and crystals) and not much you can do about it.

Plasma has better colors and for fast moving action on-

screen it's better than LCD. And as MZC mentioned, cable

looks better on plasma, than a LCD, which is probably what

this TV is going to be used for, most of the time.

We have been using Panasonic for 4 years now. The pic

quality & performance has borne out the on-line research

and testimonials.

Sheikh ' 50" ' Chilli

read this for a better understanding :

http://www.cnet.com.au/plasma-vs-lcd-which-is-right-for-you-240036500.htm

summary is here :

If you're in the market for a big screen television — and we're talking 50 inches and above — then we'd suggest plasma as a safe bet. Plasmas give you more bang for your buck at the big end of town, and while LCDs can give you better resolution, plasma still has the edge in terms of picture quality. One other thing to look for, whether you opt for plasma or LCD, is an integrated HD digital tuner — some TVs still have analog tuners, which look pretty terrible on a large screen.

At the smaller end of things (17-inch to 42-inch TVs), LCD is the only way to go if you want something slim and tasteful. And the best thing is that LCDs are getting cheaper all the time.

[/quote]

God Bless this site and all of you!