.pk vs .com [What's better for SEO?]

Hi,

Just wondering what's better from a SEO point of view: .pk or .com... considering the audience is predominantly Pakistani...

.pk will offer a better SEO impact on users within Pakistan.

If your site will be targeted towards people in Pakistan, then definitely go with .pk

as far as SEO is concern, i dont think that there would be any difference

No difference at all.

But u ll find plenty of good Domains in PK extension. finding a perfect domain in COM is kinda hard.

There is diff In Google Ranking

only if you wanna target traffic from these keywords like

Indian wallpapers

Or Pakistani wallpapers

In these example Site With Pakistan Word Or with .pk Extension Comes up in There Respective country search

Atleast it happening to me from 2 years

^ Above two guys(not counting Aamir098): You obviously missed what the OP was asking or do not have knowledge of the regional impact on SEO of regional domains.

He asked if having a .pk domain would have better rankings for people searching google from within Pakistan. The answer is "Yes". Read the following links for more information:

http://www.seobook.com/seo-regional-domains (very helpful article for the OP. Highly recommend that you read it!)

http://www.brenthodgson.com/seo/country-specific-domain-names-and-seo.php (Examples of regional domains dominating)

Fahad and Aamir are right .pk definitely. Here is the proof straight from the horse's mouth:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

..we'll rely largely on the site's country domain (.ca, .de, etc.). If an international domain (.com, .org, .eu, etc) has been used, we'll rely on the IP address.

[/quote]

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=62399

Thanks for the replies guys.

@Fahad: great article, mate!

We have research on SEO quite alot.

Few things i would suggest you with regards to the domain extensions.

1. If you set the Preffered country in Google webmasters then you dont have to worry about the domain extensions.

2. If you dont set the preffered country then google will bring up results depending upon the domain extensions.

3. Google also looks for the geographical hits of the visitors to your site.

4. Lastly, Registered a domain with a host who have setup in Pakistan. That will help.

i think its depends on the geographic behavior and traffic but still .com and .eu are the best.

Google always prefer ccTLDs ( .pk , .in , .ca, ....) over TLDs.............Like, if we are searching from google.com.pk, for car games...then google would like to see if there is any cargames.pk exist or not after that it will look for cargames.com......

From my personal experience Google always gives better preference to TLD's in which .com lies at most top position! Another benefit of using .com is that you can target global traffic and it can also enhance overal SERP among other regional search engines also!

However .PK can provide certain limitations to remain in Pakistani Version of Google!

i think there is as alot of difference for .eu domain for europe it will do some impact .pk but there are alot of other aspects as well.

both have same SEO dear

There is an option saying whether Pages form Pakistan or not...Well i think it must be country depenedent

i think there is as alot of difference for .eu domain for europe it will do some impact .pk but there are alot of other aspects as well.

both have same SEO dear

There is an option saying whether Pages form Pakistan or not...Well i think it must be country depenedent

I think its depends on your website content or targeted location. I want to target the Pakistan Audience than definitely, .pk domain is a good option but if you have a plan to target USA or Global than you should must select .com. Anyways, that’s my views and everyone has its own views. It is necessary to lay down the requirements for SEO redleos(.)com/pk/seo-services-in-islamabad/ in the design, to make them part of the technical task, so as not to redo the project with marketers later, as is often the case. The largest search engines constantly issue recommendations on the proper optimization of sites. Anyways, Thanks for sharing the nice piece of stuff with us.