Ping :(

Salam

Guys help me with this. I am having high pings first i bought 256kb connection frm ptcl but after using it for few days i upgraded to 4mb connection. On 256kb connection i use to get 65-70ms on Isl server but to my surprise i was getting the same ping 65-70ms on 4mb connection. What can i do to decrease my ping i thought that by upgrading the package i would be able to get lower ping but it was useless.

[quote=“abdullahaftab, post:, topic:”]

Salam

Guys help me with this. I am having high pings first i bought 256kb connection frm ptcl but after using it for few days i upgraded to 4mb connection. On 256kb connection i use to get 65-70ms on Isl server but to my surprise i was getting the same ping 65-70ms on 4mb connection. What can i do to decrease my ping i thought that by upgrading the package i would be able to get lower ping but it was useless.

[/quote]

what is ur upstream?

My upstream is 1023kbps

and i am on Fiber optic

Nope, upgrading your package won't affect your pings. Unfortunately, you'll have to live with whatever pings you get with PTCL. There's nothing you can do about it.

Mode: ADSL2+

Type: Interleave

Line Coding: Trellis On

Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 33.8 14.2

Attenuation (dB): 15.5 6.4

Output Power (dBm): 8.3 12.4

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 25829 1300

Rate (Kbps): 4094 1023

Yar this is not fair i think my line stats r also good then why so high pings????

[quote=“abdullahaftab, post:5, topic:15240”]

Mode: ADSL2+

Type: Interleave

Line Coding: Trellis On

Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 33.8 14.2

Attenuation (dB): 15.5 6.4

Output Power (dBm): 8.3 12.4

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 25829 1300

Rate (Kbps): 4094 1023

Yar this is not fair i think my line stats r also good then why so high pings???

[/quote]

try changing ur dsl mode… tick only G.dmt and uncheck all others…and then see if it helps…

Woww hashim it really works frm 75ms it has come to 20 ms but there is a problem :(

By selecting G.dmt my downstream and upstream have both decreased :(

Can u tell me the mode that gives the same download speed like that of ADSL2+ and the low ping of G.dmt

Thanks

And pllz also guide me how to change the latency path to fast.

My modem is An1020-16t

[quote=“abdullahaftab, post:8, topic:15240”]

And pllz also guide me how to change the latency path to fast.

My modem is An1020-16t

[/quote]

you cant change ur latency path its set by exchange. and yeah u have to live with decreased downstream/upstream if u want less latency with g.dmt

I don't think that is is changed frm the exchange because when i changed my mode to G.dmt my latency path also changed to Fast but as i again returned to ADSL2+ my latency path was interleave. Plzz guide my how to have fast latency path on ADSL2+ so that i can have same downstream as well as less latency.

Thanks

[quote=“abdullahaftab, post:10, topic:15240”]

I don’t think that is is changed frm the exchange because when i changed my mode to G.dmt my latency path also changed to Fast but as i again returned to ADSL2+ my latency path was interleave. Plzz guide my how to have fast latency path on ADSL2+ so that i can have same downstream as well as less latency.

Thanks

[/quote]

same is the case with me… u cant change that

Getting

Downstream Line Rate 4608

Upstream Line Rate 1088

on G.dmt mode and yes, G.dmt has also decreased my ping timings :)

This much delay time, come on are you sure you are using a broad band connection..... ?

yes i am on PTCL'S Broadband =D

Ptcl pings were best but now they are worst from the past year or so

[quote=“hashim, post:9, topic:15240”]

you cant change ur latency path its set by exchange. and yeah u have to live with decreased downstream/upstream if u want less latency with g.dmt

[/quote]

bro … i think it,s purly depend on distance toward exchange !

i tried ping test here

whoisxy.com

my results are

Reply from 173.203.189.224: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 173.202.190.224:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms