Pindi/Islamabad Blast

not tech related or not even news officially

but did any1 of u in pindi?islamabad feel the 2 shockes that just happened in pindi/islamabad

from what i heard on the news they are sayin that thye might be bomb blasts

I just heard that two blasts took place near Airport and Army House in Rawalpindi.

Any updates?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I just heard that two blasts took place near Airport and Army House in Rawalpindi.

Any updates?

[/quote]

at first i heard on the news that it was a blast in Rawalpindi Cant but now i m readin that they cleared the area and that there is nothin there

edit: they are also speculating that it may have been a plane that may have broken the sound barrier but i dont think thats true

at first i heard on the news that it was a blast in Rawalpindi Cant but now i m readin that they cleared the area and that there is nothin there

edit: they are also speculating that it may have been a plane that may have broken the sound barrier but i dont think thats true

[/quote]

Even after two hours there is no clue about the blasts… strange !

no courier company is taking any shipment for GHQ Islamabad, i have come to know this from OCS office. They have put a leaflet in there office that no shipment will be taken for GHQ islamabad.

May be this all is connected with that blast thing.

ya they r hidding somethin may be may be dey tested somethin by dere self if anybody lives dere and tell us

yeah heard it too even woke up when i heard them dont know why they are hiding it it means some thing is serios.

i was outside and my bro called me to inform there was a blast in saddar area and to stay outta that place ... in uni i checked geo/jung's sites and no news about blast ..nothing .. probably they are f**king hiding something ....

Sonic boom happens guys. I don't think it was a real blast, they can't hide details from so many media channels.

http://www.google.com.pk/search?hl=en&q=Sonic+boom&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

The sound of a sonic boom depends largely on the distance between the observer and the aircraft shape producing the sonic boom. A sonic boom is usually heard as a deep double "boom" as the aircraft is usually some distance away. However, as those who have witnessed landings of space shuttles have heard, when the aircraft is nearby the sonic boom is a sharper "bang" or "crack".

Taken from Wiki article.

Well it was a sonic boom. Confirmed on news channel.

Sonic boom as the trajectory of the aircraft went over both Islamabad and Rawalpindi. It was heard throughout Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

Rawalpindi/Islamabad area was hit by a sonic boom not very long time ago (I guess it was in 98 or probably early 2000s). That time an Indian Air Force plane had intruded into Pakistani airspace so much that some reports say it reached near Islamabad/RWP. F-7(s) was/were rushed to intercept it but the IAF plane was flying VERY high and fast, and our planes couldn't really intercept it.

This time though it happened when the aircraft was descending from 40,000ft AGL to 15,000ft AGL.. the pilot probably couldn't maintain the airspeed or the dive was too steep.

Heh. Cool! Scared the pants off everyone (including me!) for a while there!

yeah i remmember that sonic boom too i was in School and every one was shocked after hearing that.

i thought it was an earth quake at first

Rawalpindi/Islamabad area was hit by a sonic boom not very long time ago (I guess it was in 98 or probably early 2000s). That time an Indian Air Force plane had intruded into Pakistani airspace so much that some reports say it reached near Islamabad/RWP. F-7(s) was/were rushed to intercept it but the IAF plane was flying VERY high and fast, and our planes couldn’t really intercept it.

This time though it happened when the aircraft was descending from 40,000ft AGL to 15,000ft AGL… the pilot probably couldn’t maintain the airspeed or the dive was too steep.

[/quote]

Any credible source stating that there was a sonic boom from the escaping MIG?

Read about how Pakistan downed an Indian airplane without even firing a bullet in Cheapest Air Kill. :D

Wanted to see the article of your site Asad, but its still taken over by "those" ppl.

The hacker tried again 3 times. Brings it to a total of 6 attempts. :rolleyes:

KO ur linux site aint opnin too http://www.linux-pakistan.net/
[/quote]

That is not KO’s site.

We are veering away from the topic. Please keep the discussion on-topic.