Phones that support Zong's 4g LTE network

Hey all, i recently got a zong 4g sim & subscribed to a "4g" bundle, but as it turns out my iphone 5 isn't supported. Does anyone here have a working LTE phone on zongs network? if so please post the phones model number & brand.

Thank you

Working on my 5s .. Whats your model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go: http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?s4Gs=LTE1800

All those phones come in variants which will support Zong/Warid 4G/LTE (Band 3/1800Mhz). So while buying just make sure the variant/model you're buying supports band 3/1800Mhz.

And if you want some quick and easy suggestions, then you can go for the following phones (all their listed variants support the required band)*:

iOS:

Apple iPhone 6

Apple iPhone 6 Plus

Android:

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus

HTC Nexus 9

HTC Desire 816

HTC One (E8)

Motorola DROID Turbo

Motorola Nexus 6

Huawei Ascend P7

Huawei Ascend Mate7

Lenovo Vibe X2

Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro

Sony Xperia C3

OnePlus One

Windows Phone:

Nokia Lumia 930

Nokia Lumia 830

Nokia Lumia 735

* You buy at your own risk! You may not blame me if you end up buying a uncommon/unlisted variant which doesn't support the required band.

[quote=“koder, post:2, topic:21669”]

Working on my 5s .. Whats your model Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]

its a 5, i dont think it supports the specific band of lte on zong

I'm on Galaxy S5 Duos (SM-G900FD) and LTE is written on back of it, also GSMArena says that it's support 4G/LTE but I only get H or H+ sign in 3G or even 4G network area....

Here is speed which I got in Lahore, not sure if it's still 3G or 4G

^ H, H+ = 3G - lte, 4G = 4G

4G hits at 45Mbps

For how much you bought s5 dual ? :-)

[quote="nvd650, post:5, topic:21669"]

I'm on Galaxy S5 Duos (SM-G900FD) and LTE is written on back of it, also GSMArena says that it's support 4G/LTE but I only get H or H+ sign in 3G or even 4G network area....

[/quote]

52 K

Is it available in Lahore ? What's it's exact model number ?

(SM-G900FD)

@Upsilon what about Note 3 N9005, why isnt this phone in 4g list you wrote?

[quote=“thahim, post:12, topic:21669”]

@Upsilon what about Note 3 N9005, why isnt this phone in 4g list you wrote?

[/quote]

The list only has phones whose all variations/models support the 1800 MHz frequency (according to GSMarena).

Note 3 comes in two models, the N9005 you mentioned which supports it, and the N900W8 which doesn't. Thus it was not included in the list.

If you want a complete list of phones that support the required frequency, then i suggest you visit the link I've written at the top of the list. It includes your Note 3 N9005.

[quote=“nvd650, post:5, topic:21669”]

I’m on Galaxy S5 Duos (SM-G900FD) and LTE is written on back of it, also GSMArena says that it’s support 4G/LTE but I only get H or H+ sign in 3G or even 4G network area…

[/quote]

Root it install some other firmware

@Upsilon thanks. So which frequency we need in Pakistan for 4G networks. Is it possible a phone supporting 3g in a county doesn't supports 4g in same country?

[quote=“thahim, post:15, topic:21669”]

@Upsilon thanks. So which frequency we need in Pakistan for 4G networks. Is it possible a phone supporting 3g in a county doesn't supports 4g in same country?

[/quote]

You need 1800 MHz frequency (also known as Band 3) to consume Zong or Warid 4G/LTE services in Pakistan.

And 3G and 4G are different technologies and operate on different frequencies. So while most 3G phones will work with any 3G network worldwide, that won't be the case with 4G. You need to specifically check for 4G compatibility before buying the phone otherwise you won't be able to use 4G services.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:16, topic:21669”]

@Upsilon thanks. So which frequency we need in Pakistan for 4G networks. Is it possible a phone supporting 3g in a county doesn’t supports 4g in same country?

You need 1800 MHz frequency (also known as Band 3) to consume Zong or Warid 4G/LTE services in Pakistan.

And 3G and 4G are different technologies and operate on different frequencies. So while most 3G phones will work with any 3G network worldwide, that won’t be the case with 4G. You need to specifically check for 4G compatibility before buying the phone otherwise you won’t be able to use 4G services.

[/quote]
1800 is there in 4g bands on gsmarena.
But when i bought the phone there was no LTE option. I used es file explorer to enable this in some system file.

I think LTE and 4G is the same thing

Network mode options on my phone:

Screenshot from GSMArena:

^ Yes your phone support 4G (and yes 4G and LTE are the same thing). Are you in a 4G zone?

What network are you using? Did you get your sim replaced with 4G one? If not, then go to your nearest franchise and ask them for a 4G SIM, they will replace it for free.

As long as you have a 4G supported sim along with a 4G compatible phone (which must support your network's band/frequency), you will be able to use the 4G services as long as you're in a area with 4G coverage.

Zong have some conflicts with Samsung mobile sets but I'm still able to get speed upto 25 MB/s and I didn't know who got more than that on 4G even...

So I don't need to root my phone

[quote=“Upsilon, post:18, topic:21669”]

^ Yes your phone support 4G (and yes 4G and LTE are the same thing). Are you in a 4G zone?

What network are you using? Did you get your sim replaced with 4G one? If not, then go to your nearest franchise and ask them for a 4G SIM, they will replace it for free.

As long as you have a 4G supported sim along with a 4G compatible phone (which must support your network’s band/frequency), you will be able to use the 4G services as long as you’re in a area with 4G coverage.

[/quote]
Im not in 4G zone but I wanted to get sure about my phone.