Phone line disconnection

Just a general question about DSL and phone lines. Does non-payment of PTCL which leads to phone disconnection (as in I can't make outgoing calls) have any effect on the DSL?

From the past few days I've been having trouble with my DSL syncing at the wrong parameters, and there are repeated disconnections. I just noticed that my outgoing calls have been cut off from the past few days too so I was wondering if that may be the cause. I can still hear the dial tone and I use Linkdotnet's DSL. I'm too lazy to pay the PTCL bill lol.

First they'll block all outgoing calls. If you still don't pay the bill and can hear dial tone, your DSL will still remain active but they'll just block your username and password, so internet light on modem will remain off while DSL light will be on. If still no payment for some months, then the dial tone will disappear and so will DSL! DSL will be permanently disconnected and you'll have to apply again for it.

This is what happened in my case, and I had PTCL's DSL. In your case, I don't think Linkdotnet guys will be aware of your non-payment of bill, so as long as there is dial tone, and you pay DSL's bill, your internet should work. But I'm not too sure about this.

It's still working, it's just having trouble syncing properly since blocked the outgoing calls. I just want to know if PTCL messing around with one of the services has any effect on the line quality.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It’s still working, it’s just having trouble syncing properly since blocked the outgoing calls. I just want to know if PTCL messing around with one of the services has any effect on the line quality.
[/quote]

yup after the service is blocked and the non-payment tape starts running on your number distortion comes in line…They will inform the LDN staff to de-patch your line from DSLAM…but this may take few months or whenyour payment with LDN ends-up.