Petrol price down by Rs 9, Diesel by Rs 5

The government on Sunday reduced petrol price by Rs 9 per litre and diesel by Rs 5. The changed prices will be effective from Monday, Aaj TV reported.

^gud news

I am converting my car back to petrol :D , tell me on thing.. petrol consumption is good or gas?

Obviously Petrol ;)

Today i heard in Pakistan the price of Toyota Vitz is around 5 lacs.

where in japan you can have a used Vitz car in good condition for just 10-15 mans. 1man=10,000 yen,

Normally a student with part time job earns round about 1200 yens in a hour.

1 Japanese yen = 0.82 Pakistan rupees

So Pakistani people are making really good money through this business. lol, i didn't know that.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I know you’ve come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you’re only going to kill a man. - Ernesto Che Guevara(just before he was shot and murdered)

“私は夢を持っていない。 私はいかにそれを言ってもいいか。 私は自分自身夢である。". ”横浜市"

AsWik Web Directory (PR-2)

[/quote]

I do not have a dream. I do not know how to say it? I have my own dream. “Yokohama City”

Now its time for CNG price to be reduced as well. There is not much difference between the two now....

Obviously Petrol ;)

where in japan you can have a used Vitz car in good condition for just 10-15 mans. 1man=10,000 yen,

So Pakistani people are making really good money through this business. lol, i didn’t know that.

[/quote]

hello man vitz for 5 lac in pakistan…stop dreamin…its above 6.5 lac…btw deisel prices r reduced by 4rs not 5rs :lol:

Great, stimulate the consumption of commodities, which you can't afford to import anyway....the current government is so retarded in their economic approach, if you need to stabilize the economy, maintain the higher fuel rates for a little bit longer so you can reduce the deficit and prop up the currency, instead they choose take the easy route which is to appease the rickshaw-wala's and reduce the cost of fuel...

The country CANNOT afford for petrol to be cheap.

Cng is still cheaper but at the moment how much is price difference between both Cng and Petrol? anybody done a analysis?

^the per kilo price in cng doesnt matter a lot, the thing that matters is the mileage while using it in the cars and cng gives more kilometres for less

does it make any diference

the prices of the other goods which have gone up just due to hike in petrol prices are never gona come back...

and many poor people in pakistan dont even have a motor bike

what the heck they can do with the reduced petrol prices unless the prices of other goods are reduced........

wowo wowowoowowowowwoowo Great news but i want petrol at 35 as it should be

wowo wowowoowowowowwoowo Great news but i want petrol at 35 as it should be

Obviously Petrol ;)

So Pakistani people are making really good money through this business. lol, i didn’t know that.

[/quote]

That is not really a fair comparison. The only time I went to Saudi Arabia I saw they had car graveyards where nearly new cars were abandoned. The reason these cars were just thrown away was the high standard of living there. The people of Saudi Arabia wanted the latest and best of everything and used or old cars were not in demand.

The situation is similar in a lot of rich countries. Perfectly useable products are thrown away because their out of fashion or just not good enough for the people.

This is why importing used items into Pakistan is such a big business. Things like used clothing, computers and computer parts including CRT monitors, cars, ships for ship breaking, garbage for recycling etc. are all imported into Pakistan and fetch a higher price here than they do in Japan or other rich countries!

Also there is a duty on the import of used cars and various restrictions on the how old those cars can be. I think you can only import cars that are 3-5 years old. Older cars tend to pollute more while newer ones bring heavy competition to local car assemblers which could lead to unemployment.

does it make any diference

the prices of the other goods which have gone up just due to hike in petrol prices are never gona come back…

and many poor people in pakistan dont even have a motor bike

what the heck they can do with the reduced petrol prices unless the prices of other goods are reduced…

[/quote]

I Agree!

Well they reduce the oil prices but petroleum companies don't reduce the prices of engine oils(made from petroleum). I bought engine oil for my Honda 125 Rs. 330/Litre from Caltex(Havoline) when petrol was Rs. 87 / Litre. I bought it today as well for Rs. 330/Litre when petrol is Rs. 57 /Litre. I asked the salesman at the pump why Mobil Oil price is not reduced. He said that only petrol price is reduced not Mobil Oil. What a shame :( these companies shoot up the Mobil Oil prices when petrol prices increase but never reduce the price when petrol prices are reduced.

^Corruption!

Corruption indeed!

I Agree!

[/quote]

shuker hai koi tau agree kiya…

When the prices of petroleum products go up, prices of all commodities go up as well but now that the petrol prices are going down, why are we not seeings the ripple effects into commodity prices ? :(