PEMRA issues show cause notice to Geo News

Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority issues show cause notice to Geo News. PEMRA claims that Geo news showed a song on May 12, 2011 at 7:56 PM which was against PEMRA ordinance. That song attacks dignity of national integrality, Government and Arm forces.

PEMRA wants answer from Geo within three days otherwise strong action will be taken against Geo. PEMRA also clarify in press release that if Geo News repeat this type of program then PEMRA will suspend Geo News transmission.

Source: Awamiweb

they can't. it is broadcast from dubai. remember musharaf era?

they had to ask cable operators to shut it down. some cable operators like my local one did not close it

I think its good for everybody that all geo channels must be banned forever. I hope this would happen.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

they can’t. it is broadcast from dubai.
[/quote]

Geo network now works from Karachi, Pakistan - Dubai days are over.

oh thats good eh!!! Most of the time they are the ones who defame our national integrity..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Geo network now works from Karachi, Pakistan - Dubai days are over.

[/quote]

Ah… Didn’t knew about that. So that’s why they are so pro-MQM. It’s a survival requirement. :confused:

^good conclusion.

I also used to think why they are so pro-MQM.

Yes, It is true that some time Geo News crossed their lines about National Dignity and Solidarity which is against out national interest also bad for Pakistan Army who is scarifying in fields by fighting against miscreants

They are Pro Money and Durpook and extreme ________ ( fill according to your mother tongue )

Yeah their many tv shows guest appearance are from MQM party

Why they are so pro to MQM? Karachi city is fully Own or you can say full in under-control of MQM and Geo Network is so pro to MQM that is a same like they are paying a kind of Batha to them and that is a must thing if you have any small or large running business in Karachi :P

GEO to aisay. They deserve it

Geo's transmission was stopped today i heard a fire broke down in their building

Now at this time, there transmission almost restored but the news studio yet not created as it was. They are transmitting there programing through alternate sources. Although we are criticizing Geo News but it is sad incident for them (the Fire erupted the Geo News Floor)

شیطان burned in its own fire

^lols!

But the loss is so much, as per my knowledge the stuff used to operate studio is very very expensive.

[quote=“armada, post:14, topic:14496”]

[/quote]

They were Geo Employees not Shaitan who stuck in fire… My few friends also stuck on news floor of Jang geo building

[quote=“armada, post:14, topic:14496”]

[/quote]

Man thats in bad taste bro… :mellow:

Brothers, There is difference between GEO and Employees, employees do not make the editorial policy of Geo News and Jang Group, so please pray for every human being.