Pedestal Fan vs Portable Window AC of Jackson Market (In Karachi)

Its extremely hot now a days and for my kids, i have decided to take some steps. Split is affordable but electricity bill is not so not taking this as option.

So, adding a pedestal fan in room will make difference ? Room is not big. Normal room with normal wedding furniture, if you have idea of what i am talking about.

Or i should go for those portable, window AC which are being sold in Jackson market. I have never been to that market, but heard alot and thinking to buy one.

Please suggest which one do i go for.

Pedestal will be maximum of 5-6 thousand and i know that those small acs of .75 ton are of around 12-20k. Please give the advice because i want something to get rid of this heat. "Astagfirullah" but its just too much.

Its hot now a days.. even its hot in Abbottabad city in the day time but thanks to God that the night temperatures are always in teens.. i dont think pedestal fan will do anything good..why dont u buy a lahori cooler,its worth trying.

He is pointing jacson market so i assume he is from karachi. Lahori cooler is fail in karachi.

My brother just bought that 0.75 ton ac from jacson, can’t say anything about bill because bought 5 days ago. Cooling is good but its take time to cool room.
Running on normal socket connected with 3/29 wire. So i think taking too less power then split.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

[quote=“koder, post:2, topic:21184”]

Its hot now a days.. even its hot in Abbottabad city in the day time but thanks to God that the night temperatures are always in teens.. i dont think pedestal fan will do anything good..why dont u buy a lahori cooler,its worth trying.

[/quote]

Yes brother, i would love to use water cooler, but in Karachi, its just not good option. They don't work in that humidity of Karachi. In Lahore, it might be good, so you people are lucky in this case :)

[quote=", post:3, topic:21184"]

He is pointing jacson market so i assume he is from karachi. Lahori cooler is fail in karachi. My brother just bought that 0.75 ton ac from jacson, can't say anything about bill because bought 5 days ago. Cooling is good but its take time to cool room. Running on normal socket connected with 3/29 wire. So i think taking too less power then split. Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Thank you bro, yes 0.75 is what i want and i am not very worried about bill with this one because i know it will be very less than split. But the thing i want know is, price range if you know how much it was, and how it is installed ? And also, how long it takes to cool the room, and does it make the room really cold ?

Kindly let me know. Thanks

Same situation here, I have 1 ton split AC in my room but can't use it because of high electricity bills :(

Me too thinking to buy 1/2 (half ton) split AC, because it will consume less energy but I don't know if they still make 1/2 ton AC or not.

Pedestal fan will be good too but it will throw the same hot air in the room. If you want to make your room cool then AC is best. May be try searching for 1/2 ton AC like me?

[quote=“jani, post:5, topic:21184”]

Same situation here, I have 1 ton split AC in my room but can't use it because of high electricity bills :(

Me too thinking to buy 1/2 (half ton) split AC, because it will consume less energy but I don't know if they still make 1/2 ton AC or not.

Pedestal fan will be good too but it will throw the same hot air in the room. If you want to make your room cool then AC is best. May be try searching for 1/2 ton AC like me?

[/quote]

I tried looking for it, but couldn't find. Can you help me where can i find ?

What about the portable .75 AC which i am talking about. Have you tried that ?

Yes I would also like to have more information about the portable .75 AC where to get them from preferably shop name contact number and the exact amount of how much it is for and what kind of installation does it need please. Thanks in advance.

[quote=", post:3, topic:21184"]

He is pointing jacson market so i assume he is from karachi. Lahori cooler is fail in karachi. My brother just bought that 0.75 ton ac from jacson, can't say anything about bill because bought 5 days ago. Cooling is good but its take time to cool room. Running on normal socket connected with 3/29 wire. So i think taking too less power then split. Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Please help me and tell me the approx location of the shop in jacson market. How much did he pay, which company was it, and what do i do to find exactly same model. Because as you are saying it is cooling the room, that means i should not take risk buying something which i have no idea of. So if you can give me more details, it will help.

[quote=“mhquestions, post:8, topic:21184”]

He is pointing jacson market so i assume he is from karachi. Lahori cooler is fail in karachi. My brother just bought that 0.75 ton ac from jacson, can’t say anything about bill because bought 5 days ago. Cooling is good but its take time to cool room. Running on normal socket connected with 3/29 wire. So i think taking too less power then split. Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

Please help me and tell me the approx location of the shop in jacson market. How much did he pay, which company was it, and what do i do to find exactly same model. Because as you are saying it is cooling the room, that means i should not take risk buying something which i have no idea of. So if you can give me more details, it will help.

[/quote]

He bought that for 15K.
Mitsubishi written on that.
For exact shop name and location i will ask him.
For real cold room you need window ac. Even split doesn’t do that job. Don’t expect miracle from that 0.75 ton ac. But that will be lot better then pedestal fan.

Btw its window type ac which fixes in window. And this is used product.
So it’s on your luck.

I personally prefer all electric and electronic items in new condition.

If you want, i can send pictures.

Bought imported used AC (Corona 630 Watts) cost me Rs. 11,000/-.with 110V convertor last year. I am satisfied with its cooling and performance (12x12 Room) and electricity consumption (630 Watts). One cannot compare it with Split AC but still it can reduce room temprature to 25. No installation, just place in a window.

Its just like below image.

11296943001387641333.jpg

Now i don't have to send pictures as shafiq posted above picture.

[quote=“shafiq, post:10, topic:21184”]

Bought imported used AC (Corona 630 Watts) cost me Rs. 11,000/-.with 110V convertor last year. I am satisfied with its cooling and performance (12x12 Room) and electricity consumption (630 Watts). One cannot compare it with Split AC but still it can reduce room temprature to 25. No installation, just place in a window.

Its just like below image.

11296943001387641333.jpg

Where did u buy it from bro shop names number if possible please .. looks like u have kept it on the floor against a wall correct me if i am wrong please.

[/quote]

jani..Me too thinking to buy 1/2 (half ton) split AC, because it will consume less energy but I don't know if they still make 1/2 ton AC or not.

...........................................................................................................................................

Sabro used to make 1/2 ton and split Ac's. Now the company has moved towards bigger units but you may still be available to find some pieces in the market.

Their website:

http://www.sabro.com.pk/about-sabro/

Okay guys. Thank you so much for all your advices. I have decided infact i have purchased pedestal fan. Because I was thinking, it is not good idea to spend that much money on window AC. Instead of this, i should plan for split. And right now, KESC is troubling alot with fake and wrong billing so i won't take risk buying split for now. I will see it in near future.

I bought royal pedestal fan and it is atleast helping my room to be much better than what it was before. And Alhamdulillah i am happy with this. So i will say, my problem solved by the grace of God.

Thank you all of you.

Regards