PCB Etching and One-Off Manufacturing

I'm looking to purchase some pre-sensitized copper clad boards so I can make some PCBs. People familar with Do-It-Yourself PCBs ought to be familiar with this method. This is what I'm looking for: http://uk.farnell.com/kelan/141301/pcb-photo-resist-d-s-100x160mm/dp/141301

You transfer your PCB artwork via UV light and transparencies. Once that is done, you develop the board and etch it. Anyone know if I can find such boards in Pakistan? I've found double-sided boards but with double sided boards, it can be tricky to fill the vias at home. I suppose I could just develop one side and forget the other but that feels like a waste.

But I have found Dry Photoresist Films that can be applied onto the normal copper boards found. However, that requires Hot Roll Lamination and I'm not sure if I can find that here. In anycase, its just a further variable in the process that I'm hoping to avoid.

My second question is that I know there are several PCB manufacturers in Pakistan. But are there any manufacturers that will do a "one-off" PCB for the purpose of prototyping? I ask because I'm designing a circuit for a company that requires surface mount components and is complex enough that routing needs to be done on a double-sided board. But before I finalize the design, I need to test it and work through the problems and the only I can do that is if I have a PCB made from the PCB manufacturer. Anyone have any suggestions regarding this?

Local PCB manufacturers can make a one-off PCB but its cost will be pretty high. It depends a lot on the size, etc too.

For DIY PCBs, you could just drill the via holes, pass wrapping wire through it and solder it on the via pads on the top and bottom layers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_wrap

How high are we talking? Since it's company work I feel it's important to see the quality, durability and most importantly to see if the design actually works. I intend to test the design in it's intended environment for at least two months before mass production. So if you could give me an idea, it'd be great. Let's assume the board is 7 x 7 inches and double sided.

Where are you located ?

What is the smallest component on board (please specify the package like 0805, 0603 QFP , SOIC )?

One off board is no problem, even with plated through holes.

I can even provide SMT pick n place, stencil making, No clean solder paste and full SMT assembly facility for production.

Finally, based on my experience, never rely on one prototype especially if it contains some analog circuits. At least make 05 units and test them like you are paid to find problems in these circuits.

[quote=", post:4, topic:15511"]

Where are you located ?

What is the smallest component on board (please specify the package like 0805, 0603 QFP , SOIC )?

One off board is no problem, even with plated through holes.

I can even provide SMT pick n place, stencil making, No clean solder paste and full SMT assembly facility for production.

Finally, based on my experience, never rely on one prototype especially if it contains some analog circuits. At least make 05 units and test them like you are paid to find problems in these circuits.

[/quote]

I am PMing you with more information. Thank you very much for your response.

SA,

I would like to introduce Taraz Technologies Pvt. Ltd. which is located in Rawalpindi. We offer PCB assembly, PCB manufacturing and SMT stencils (plastic and steel) manufacturing services. We also provide one stop electronics manufacturing solution at very competitive cost.

We give 10% discount for new customers, students and startups. Feel free to send your enquiries and check out our PCB assembly calculator and SMT Stencils calculator online, visit http://www.taraztechnologies.com/

Thanks and kind regards.