PC gamers hangout

like to start this because i am always interested in playing games on my pc and there are a lot of problems for pc gamers in pakistan

1. the game dvd,cds are of low quality and do not work,

2. wierd compression on many games

3. a lot of big games are compressed and it is hard to find right software to open them

anybody else facing problems with games>>pls post and discuss

1 is a problem. How are 2 and 3 problems? Just use WinRAR to decompress the archives.

sometimes games actually come with a mixture of files partly compressed with winrar and partly by some other program which i have been unable to find for eg. in battlefield 1942)

due to this a lot of games dont open right...

Do you need to buy games anymore? especially now when you get 1Mbps connection for 2000/-? :) Just download and burn them on DVD-R.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Do you need to buy games anymore? especially now when you get 1Mbps connection for 2000/-? :) Just download and burn them on DVD-R.
[/quote]

or u could go even more cheaper and just mount the images of the games u download that way u can also save money on dvds =D

or u could go even more cheaper and just mount the images of the games u download that way u can also save money on dvds =D

[/quote]

That’s the spirit! :lol:

Yeah man just download them. Although its not the answer to your problem but its an alternative.

Plus when you buy pirated disks, you will always have those problems you listed.. There's pretty much not alot you can do about it really.

All DVD works fine with my Rig.

[/quote]

Good games like Gears of War and Crysis are 8 GB each and average of 6 GB atleast for each game. So it will take 24 hours to download a 8 GB Game.

Most of the DVD's i bought looked like they were downloaded from torrents

It wouldnt take long to download games now using torrents. I download them all the time.

Well In my City I Think No Video Shop Now Selling Dvd Movies/Games On Malaysian Dvd After Last Years Priated Policy By Karachi I Think...So All Are Using The Third-Class Dvd-R Disc Of Local Company...

unless you have much free time and diskspace in your hands anyway I prefer a DVD due to lack of time

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

thnx people for all the helpful suggestions>>i share my measly my128 worldcall with my brother and sister, also i don have the time for torrents>>because i also have a job so>>

i have seen though what i should do>>

a. i have contacted a specific shop in rainbow where they have original games so i should just buy straight copied original dvd games

b. i have seen that 80 % of the time when a new game comes on the market there is something wrong with it>>the games only works when a second or third copy comes out so i should just buy that

Get your hands on the games written on Malaysian DVDs, Its gonna cost you around Rs.130 per dvd.. I always buy those and they work like a charm

40mbps>>where can i get them in karachi?

so you go to shop and ask them about "Malaysian DVD" or they have some other specific name.

there callled dvd9

download skullpturas rip there compressed but there complete for eg an 8 gb gam will be found in 3 gb.it would be complete game not a game rip...

i bought today a dvd of assassins creed for 100 and damn man it is silver dvd of 9GB frm pace GRW

i was stunned to c tht silver one cuz my bro bought me a blue[written] dvds [they were 2 instead of 1] frm lahore hafeez centre for 200

and it was very cool

ShoukaT>>hope u got the right one>>i also got a malaysian dvd and assasin creed seems to get stuck on a stage called jerusalem, there are cracks available on the net but i havent tried them yet...

^^

oh yeah my brother also told me tht shop keepers in haffeez centre was saying tht there is a bug in current version available so he didnt bought it

let c what my fate says

other wise i ll return this dvd and get tht game called ..... hmmmm.... war lord i think or fifa 08