PC Fan are spinning fastly

Salam to All. I need a quick help. The problem is that my PC fans start to spin very fastly with noise whenever i play movie,game or even watch youtube videos in full screen mode. I bought some thermal paste to apply on processor as i think that its a only problem that its old paste has been used. So tell me the solution and best possible reasons behind this problem or would applying thermal paste would solve this problem ? Thanks

Regards,

It's normal.

@Sani

Which processor are you using?

Did you cleaned heat-sink and fan?

How old is the fan? Did you tried to replace fan with new one?

By the way, the behavior you told (fan getting speed-up on load) is pretty normal.

I am not considering it normal because i haven't faced it yet. Its been doing it from a week now and temperatures is going up also. Btw i am using Pentium 4 processor and yeah i have cleaned heat-sink and fans.

^ The summer just started.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am not considering it normal because i haven’t faced it yet. Its been doing it from a week now and temperatures is going up also. Btw i am using Pentium 4 processor and yeah i have cleaned heat-sink and fans.
[/quote]

Typical behavior for Pentium 4 processors. Core 2 Duo line is bit less noisy as compare to Pentium 4 line.

If fan is slow or making hard noise like it is touching something then replace it with new one.

By the way, how long you are using this machine?

Its been three years now.

Dont worry its normal.

I just applied thermal paste and cleaned the heavy dust inside the power supply and now its temperatures are normal and not giving any noise yet.

^ Just wait & watch. :P

its a normaly behavior for pentium 4s and in general for all processors under load.

your processor's fan speed is controlled, normally when the cpu is not heated, the fan is turned off or it rotates at very slow speeds, when u start a game, or a video, the cpu goes hot and fan is speeded up to keep up with the heat.

Guys, the fans were spinning very fast than normal. And i was like that they will come out. LOL . I never across ed this problem so that's why i was feeling a problem.

bro cheek ur room TEMPRICHER if room tem upto 35 its normal

What does this thermal paste do? Is it below the processor. By t he way I cleaned it some months back, I thought its due to dust.

what should I do now? Thermal paste should be applied again or not?

What does this thermal paste do? Is it below the processor. By t he way I cleaned it some months back, I thought its due to dust.

what should I do now? Thermal paste should be applied again or not?

[/quote]

thermal paste is a coolant solution which helps HFS (heatsink ) keeping processor more Cool

you mean you removed your thermal paste while cleaning :o that’s a little noobish thing to do … but if you’re not facing any temperature problems then you dont need to apply thermal paste … incase you’re facing temp problems … you’d need to buy thermal paste .

^Not facing any problem. But I will like to buy it.

Prevention is better then cure.

What does it cost? Whether I should buy a pack or just get it from a shop keeper.

@Sani

Have you tried cleaning heat-sink under tap water?

Detach heat-sink fully (from fan and processor and other parts), take an old tooth-brush and clean it under tap water. Do not use soap or detergent just simple plain water. If some old thermal paste is attached then remove it finger nails. Dry it with clean towel and let it dry completely under a fan in room temperature.

When completely dried, apply thermal paste and attach to processor and put fan on it.

Try replacing fan with new fan. General processor fans are cheap. New fan might work a little better.

thermal paste is a coolant solution which helps HFS (heatsink ) keeping processor more Cool

you mean you removed your thermal paste while cleaning :o that’s a little noobish thing to do … but if you’re not facing any temperature problems then you dont need to apply thermal paste … incase you’re facing temp problems … you’d need to buy thermal paste .

[/quote]

Your concept is wrong. It is merely a heat transfer medium, not a coolant. The only purpose it serves is to transfer the heat from one medium/item (CPU) to another (heatsink). The heatsink is cooled passively or else, actively through a fan. The better the conductor in between them, the better the heat transfer. Thermal paste or thermal tape should be used to prevent any issues arising due to improper transfer of heat.

@Sani

Have you tried cleaning heat-sink under tap water?

Detach heat-sink fully (from fan and processor and other parts), take an old tooth-brush and clean it under tap water. Do not use soap or detergent just simple plain water. If some old thermal paste is attached then remove it finger nails. Dry it with clean towel and let it dry completely under a fan in room temperature.

When completely dried, apply thermal paste and attach to processor and put fan on it.

Try replacing fan with new fan. General processor fans are cheap. New fan might work a little better.

[/quote]

Don’t use water. Instead use alcohol or nail polish remover - latter is more commonly available. DO NOT use a sharp surface to clean it like a knife or cutter. Instead, use a soft cloth and rub it on the surface from one side to another. Repeat until the thermal paste residue is gone and you can see the smooth shiny metallic base of the heatsink.

Don’t use water. Instead use alcohol or nail polish remover - latter is more commonly available. DO NOT use a sharp surface to clean it like a knife or cutter. Instead, use a soft cloth and rub it on the surface from one side to another. Repeat until the thermal paste residue is gone and you can see the smooth shiny metallic base of the heatsink.

[/quote]

Can heat-sink get rust due to water? Couple of times, I have washed them in water to remove dirt/dust on them. I wonder what they are made of, I mean heat-sinks? It must be some alloy of metal.