Paypal Pakistan will never happen?

So a guy told me today that paypal pakistan will never happen because paypal is an Israel based company and islraeli companies are not allowed in pakistan.

Is that true? :o

PayPal is US based company owned by Ebay, Inc but i highly doubt that they will offer PayPal in Pakistan and i don't blame them.Pakistan's banking infrastructure is so poor.

our banks are worse than other 190 countries which already have paypal?!

Well, I am not sure about other countries banking infrastructure but i am pretty sure PayPal will not be released in Pakistan not anytime soon.

Well Pakistan has a very good name when it comes to fraud, it just isn't worth it for PayPal. Of course there are other countries which are worser then Pakistan on the PayPal list, but then you can't really hold anyone accountable here.

and plus there is no market for paypal in this country

heck even credit cards have not become common and paypal is far off

Everything online is payment by paypal. I'm getting really sick of this. Is there any way around it ? Can I tell a friend in the U.S to open an account for me using my credit card ?

Is the problem that they don't process credit cards from Pakistan ??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Everything online is payment by paypal. I’m getting really sick of this. Is there any way around it ? Can I tell a friend in the U.S to open an account for me using my credit card ?

Is the problem that they don’t process credit cards from Pakistan ??

[/quote]

No, he will have to us his credit card unless your credit card is issued by some US Bank.My account is on my brother’s name/credit card and it works fine.

There is a solution to accept payments by PayPal.

Plimus www.plimus.com or 2checkout www.2checkout.com

2co limits the users to sell products listed on their website however, plimus is lenient on this issue.

Well Atleast we shoudld start writing to them!

Sent mail:

I am surprised to see, that out of the 190 countries you support, Pakistan is not among them.

One would have thought, Pakistan, with 12 million internet users already (and with plenty of room for that figure to grow), an IT industry worth $2.8 billion, would have been supported by your company by now. Just google the phrase, 'Pakistan PayPal', and you will find that many people are waiting for you to allow your service in Pakistan...

Is there a plan to start support for Pakistan any time soon? If not what is the exact reason behind not supporting Pakistan?'

[/quote]

We sincerely appreciate your interest in becoming a PayPal member.

Unfortunately, we are not yet providing services for the country or

region in question. Establishing our service in each new country or

region involves complex changes due to different regulations. We are

always looking to expand our availability; however, due to the

complexities of global expansion, we cannot provide a specific time

frame. We are working hard and look forward to expanding our services to

additional countries and regions in the future.

Visit https://www.paypal.com/ and click the "Worldwide" link in the

footer of the page for more information on the countries and regions

that PayPal supports.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again

at #-###-###-### so we could assist you further.

Thank you for choosing PayPal. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

PayPal Consumer Support

PayPal, an eBay Company

[/quote]

Reply came pretty fast so I guess its just a standard reply they give to such queries...

How about the a Webservice for Supporting paypal for non-members countries

eg: PayPak to PayPal Proxy

Pay to PayPak, PayPak pays on your behalf to PayPal (keeping some service fee )

Yeah. I can Work on it if its possible

Just found a link greenzap.com

Lemme chk out what is it?

made an account and waited for ten min but they didnot sent me the code

:(

can any 1 verify their legimity?

punk, I've heard that greenzap is a scam .. dont use it. I dont have the link rite now but try googling ...

it seemed to be as well!

The reason is paypal would barely have a market in Pakistan to bother including it in their list of countries served. Affordable broadband has just taken off in Pakistan and the concept of online banking/shopping is non-existent. When these are more common place, paypal would probably launch its services for Pakistan as well.

The reason is paypal would barely have a market in Pakistan to bother including it in their list of countries served. Affordable broadband has just taken off in Pakistan and the concept of online banking/shopping is non-existent. When these are more common place, paypal would probably launch its services for Pakistan as well.
[/quote]

By that logic countries with small populations like Palau, Cape Verde etc. would not be supported by PayPal either, as I am sure their market potential for online banking/shopping is not as attractive as Pakistan’s…

IMO it probably has more to do with either a banking infrastructure and/or unusual risk of fraud.

I mention the fraud point because I remember one of my friends was trying to order something from a website, but they rejected his credit card, giving the reason that they don’t accept Pakistani credit cards, due to a high risk of fraud :P

Yep, the only reason for not being in the Pakistani market is fraud..