Paypal in Pakistan?

Why paypal is not available for Pakistan?

Because Pakistan doesn't have enough economy and run by bunch of losers and looters. And Pakistan is a third world country and the PayPal may make income from Pakistan for whole year that might be equal to only one day income it makes from North America alone. That's why PayPal doesn't give a s*** about our sorry lives.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Because Pakistan doesn’t have enough economy and run by bunch of losers and looters. And Pakistan is a third world country and the PayPal may make income from Pakistan for whole year that might be equal to only one day income it makes from North America alone. That’s why PayPal doesn’t give a s*** about our sorry lives.
[/quote]

l0l, do u mean all the other countries on the list have a great economy and there is no other third world country on the list.?

Due to lame policies of State Bank of Pakistan :(

Due to lame policies of State Bank of Pakistan :(
[/quote]

Yeah, I second that. They have described the reason for not supporting Pakistan for to the same reason.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside

Even Somalia is in their list.

By the way , what are the options for us in Pakistan ? i.e. if I start some site that provide some services to clients all over world, dev / design / hosting what ever, what options I have to recieve payments ?

Paypal is a must for pakistan.

I think we should make a petition or something and get paypal in pakistan. It would make buying things so much more easier !

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside

By the way , what are the options for us in Pakistan ? i.e. if I start some site that provide some services to clients all over world, dev / design / hosting what ever, what options I have to receive payments ?

[/quote]

This would be mega project you might need some links with the bank (for verification etc stuff), you also need links with some sellers website including whatmobile, hafeezcentre, olx, may be metro etc. so they include your webpayments, similarly many more stuff… and also you need to give all this #$%# for free. In beginning you wont make penny, or may be you might have to to pay all expenses (datacentre development maintains, tech team, web hosting, ca fees etc) from your pocket, but after sometime (may be year or 2) you will get better results. Also look into statebank laws… they allow this or not?

you can start from small scales are well, but still how you going to transfer the money directly to the banks… you can take cooperate license from some single bank as well… Just to start of something… but again verification of accounts wont be possible, people might send money directly to “pakpal” account via online banking or so, but how you going to distinguish between who send that money…

there could be many questions, and things which you might need to figure our prior to launching this, otherwise you will loss all of your money… Do feasibility study, develop implementation plans, requirements gather and other stuff before just jumping into… But i must say, it will be good step and you can earn alot of money in future, unless many banks joins you in competition.

Also it wont be just a website but a bank which don't have any branch!!

By the way , what are the options for us in Pakistan ? i.e. if I start some site that provide some services to clients all over world, dev / design / hosting what ever, what options I have to recieve payments ?

[/quote]

Two companies that allow you to accept paypal. They do support Pakistani users:

http://abdussamad.com/archives/119-Receiving-Paypal-payments-in-Pakistan.html

@fracker , Thanks for your reply. I was basically looking for payment service options for some hosting company I will be starting with one or more friends of mine. But you still have given me a idea for a project :) , though scope is pretty big.

@rokra , Thanks, are these two (2co/pilmus) options similar to what Merchant accounts are ?

The payment side is the only area which I need to explore before starting the project, and some how never took interest on this area despiet being hosting savy otherwise(tech side).

If nothing works out I would probably ask my elder brother in Toronto to get a paypal account associated with his account or an additional one in his name and operate through that.

Still trying to spare time to read this area more.

@fracker , Thanks for your reply. I was basically looking for payment service options for some hosting company I will be starting with one or more friends of mine. But you still have given me a idea for a project :) , though scope is pretty big.

@rokra , Thanks, are these two (2co/pilmus) options similar to what Merchant accounts are ?

[/quote]

No merchant accounts are a lot harder and costly to get. These companies are payment solutions providers. They have their own agreements with the CC companies and paypal and they in turn process payments for ecommerce vendors for a commission.

Ohh, so this is why no one is buying my Macbook Pro, because Pakistan does not have Paypal.I didnt know that :(

Well i am desperately trying to sell it off, so PLEASE let me know what are the safe options for money transfer.I dont reckon its Western Union or Moneygram cos its what scammers use, any others?

Ohh, so this is why no one is buying my Macbook Pro, because Pakistan does not have Paypal.I didnt know that :(

Well i am desperately trying to sell it off, so PLEASE let me know what are the safe options for money transfer.I dont reckon its Western Union or Moneygram cos its what scammers use, any others?

[/quote]

Actually western union is safer for the seller than paypal. Paypal allows the buyer to chargeback but payments are final in western union.

No merchant accounts are a lot harder and costly to get. These companies are payment solutions providers. They have their own agreements with the CC companies and paypal and they in turn process payments for ecommerce vendors for a commission.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

[/quote]

The alternative of paypal for pakistani’s is 2checkout. But they have $50 signup fees ( You can receive paypal payments via 2checkout marchant accounts ) We personally use them.

Best Regards

Contacted PayPal once more after 2,3 years gap, hoping to get a satisfactory answer, got the same old form mail reply

Dear Muhammad Abbas,

Thank you for contacting PayPal in relation to PayPal services in Pakistan.

Our services are not available in Pakistan at this time unfortunately.

PayPal is constantly working to expand and improve our services for our

customers. We hope to expand our features for these countries or regions

but due to the complexities of global finance, we cannot give a timetable

for this expansion.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and

wish you continued success on PayPal.

Sincerely,

Francois

PayPal Resolution Services

PayPal, an eBay Company

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Form Message

customer subject: paypal in pakistan

customer message: Additional Information: 'please provide paypal services

in Pakistan. alot of web designers, entrepreneurs, web developers and

online workers from pakistan want paypal. And there are loads of companies

offering their servides here like MoneyBookers, Payonner, 2CO ..so why not

Paypal? alot of websites like http://paypalinpakistan.com/ are appearing,

that provide paypal ids and some people are using US / foreign contacts to get

paypal IDs. we want it the legal way. please do some effort to provide us

your services too. please don;'t reply with a form email. i've had those a

couple of times already. thank you. - abbas'

[/quote]

After 10 years there may be possibality that PayPal will work in pakistan

Actually PayPal has been very mum about the whole thing. As to why they are not covering Pakistan under their services umbrella. State Bank of Pakistan's Foreign Policy Department has not been able to cite a valid reason from "Pakistan's side" that would restrict PayPal from entering this market.

But what is more surprising, PayPal has not once indicated to the real-reason as to why they are not adding Pakistan to their list of countries (even Bangladesh is not added).