PayPal in Pakistan!

I want to make a website in which i receive donations , i have seen in many websites that receive donations through PayPal. When i SignUp thru the Paypal every country is listed (even the India ) but the Pakistan is not listed . WTF is that all ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I want to make a website in which i receive donations , i have seen in many websites that receive donations through PayPal. When i SignUp thru the Paypal every country is listed (even the India ) but the Pakistan is not listed . WTF is that all ?
[/quote]

Welcome to the third world’s third-class citizen’s club!

Wakey, wakey, it’s Pakistan :) What else you expect here? Concert of some famous international rock band in Pakistan? :D

^

Agreed. It's like that since the start. I think they even had banned access to Paypal from Pakistani IP addresses few years ago if I remember.

Inter Pakistan transfers can be done through ATMs now for most of the banks and the transfer takes place within 30 minutes. It can also be done through e-Banking facilities provided by UBL at least I know of.

There's a Paypal like service known as StormPay that has Pakistan listed. Try that. I've never used it though

can i transfer money from ubl to other bank's account ? using their atm or ebanking ? what are the charges ?

^

Agreed. It’s like that since the start. I think they even had banned access to Paypal from Pakistani IP addresses few years ago if I remember.

Inter Pakistan transfers can be done through ATMs now for most of the banks and the transfer takes place within 30 minutes. It can also be done through e-Banking facilities provided by UBL at least I know of.

There’s a Paypal like service known as StormPay that has Pakistan listed. Try that. I’ve never used it though

[/quote]

StormPay is a scam. They had been closed for scamming people once. I don’t know why they came back up. :confused:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006022410802

^

I think they even had banned access to Paypal from Pakistani IP addresses few years ago if I remember.

[/quote]

not true.

Use money bookers

http://www.moneybookers.com

They transfer funds directly in your bank account in Pakistan ( some fee is involved )

Paypal does not offer services to Pakistani Citizens. Not every country is listed at Paypal, India is there coz they are in india (mostly coz of ebay.in).

Why would they want to offer there services in Pakistan anyway, i doubt theyll get many users here. Even though India is a devoloping country as well they have far more internet users then Pakistan which means more business for Ebay/Paypal.

However you can use services like Moneybookers or 2CO but ofcourse they arent as populour as paypal.

Use money bookers

http://www.moneybookers.com

They transfer funds directly in your bank account in Pakistan ( some fee is involved )

[/quote]

I have Habib bank ATM card . Can i receive money from this ?

You got me. I thought PayPal was coming in Pakistan! :(

[/quote]

Whats that mean.

I have Habib bank ATM card . Can i receive money from this ?

[/quote]

So you do hold an account with Habib Bank, a current or saving account. Yes, you’ll be able to receive Wire Transfers, which are directly settled into your account.

[/quote]

haha! I wasn’t really feeling that optimistic just yet.

You have no option but to get some close friend or relative to get you a paypal account - someone who lives in a supported country. Let him/her manage it for you. Or resort to moneybookers (although it’s such a shame that many people won’t be able to donate).

You can get money from money bookers by Transfering funds to your bank account directly from the money bookers account they will verify it and after verification they will send into your bank account.

E-gold is another online option, though you can get an ATM card from E-gold for some amount and you can get money from your account directly from that ATM card issued by e-gold, these ATM cards are used on those ATM machines which are linked Internationally. You will see several logos on those ATM machines of Visa, Master etc.

but they charge you more for the ATM transection.

I am not sure if money books also issue an ATM card ( i think they do as well ).

You better read their website for details and email them about your doubts.

i use paypal from Pakistan - but i have it registered to my US address & bank accounts. I have debit card and withrdaw money from any ATM.

www.amaana.com/beta/

Yeap thats possible to, you can infact register your address to some of your relatives in US/UK house, but theyll prolly have to register it for you coz paypal would get suspicious if u use a foreign IP. Oh and keep in mind this requires you to verify alot of #$%# or u get your your account limited and get your funds locked in the account :|

I personally don't like paypal, when they make your account limited your business just STOPS. you can't process any transactions and move your funds etc.

+ The time duration of the limited account is more then 3 months ( they still take more time then 3 months to take off limit )

can i transfer money from ubl to other bank’s account ? using their atm or ebanking ? what are the charges ?
[/quote]

You can do UBL to UBL transfers from their e-Banking website. The feature of transferring Money to other Banks is easy for them to implement now but its not there yet. You can however arrange Drafts online from the website. You enter the Adress and Name of the person and give amount. The amount is deducted from your account and the person is sent a Draft of that amount through TCS within a day. The charges for that they are taking currently is 50 Rupees only.

You can however transfer to other Banks using their ATM.

Have you guys checked out amaana:

http://www.amaana.com/beta/getHome.do

?

Have you guys checked out amaana:

http://www.amaana.com/beta/getHome.do

?

[/quote]

That’s not really a viable solution in the current context. Will people be willing to upload funds from their bank accounts? I believe the OP wants to accept global monetary donations.