Paypal help required

I posted a few domains for sale and most of the time buyer said they can only pay using Paypal which doesn't work here.

Plus I bid on a few domains and same problem i.e. seller only accepts Paypal.

So I decided to create a Paypal account using of course fake address, city and country. My main purpose of this account is to buy and sell items and not to withdraw funds which I guess is not possible anyway. The account is a Personal one and not Premier/Business so here are a few questions:

1. I got an email to confirm the account which I did so now is it done? I mean am I good to go now and no further verification is required? Can I receive and send money? Keep in mind that this is my main purpose and not to withdraw funds. So all money I receive by selling domains will be spent in buying domains later. I hope I can use it that way!?

2. In personal account features it was written that I can only receive funds through Paypal Balance and not using Credit Card or Debit Card! what does that mean? Will it work most of the time or do I need to change it to Premier/Business account?

the best think is show them or convince them that you are doing business and and only business purpose or have it registered in dubai if you have CC in dubai or your friends or someone who trusts you and have the email address which shows its a business email address i have done it this way and have been using it for last 2 years without any problem.

for your purpose you have to use Premier/Business account

they keep an eye on every transaction done from pakistan throgh paypal so always remember they are watching you.

hope it helps

@multichoice

Plus I found out later that GoDaddy the largest domain registrar doesn't accept unverified Paypal accounts so it's out of question now :(

My main purpose was to sell domains I currently have, get payment in Paypal and then use it to purchase domains from GoDaddy.

Hey stop, stop! Don't do this!

PayPal is smart enough to detect your IP. I once did same and received a payment from an affiliate account to my PayPal account. When I accessed that account from Pakistan, it instantly got blocked, I'd received $69 USD and they got blocked. PayPal asked me to provide a utility bill or government ID as a proof of address. I used a fake Indian Address, which I was not able to verify so that many is still lying there, I can't use it.

Instead you can ask any friend to help you. I've an Indian friend he do PayPal transactions for me, while I pay back him through GetAFreelancer.com

TechMan what is the amount of the transfer?

Also if you simply open a paypal account won't be enough, you need to tie it to something to send and receive money.

Yup never mind because I need to verify it to use on GoDaddy.

Haven't received any money yet.

Use Plimus

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Use Plimus
[/quote]

I think Plimus is a totally different product than Paypal and Moneybookers. It’s more like 2Checkout.

I posted a few domains for sale and most of the time buyer said they can only pay using Paypal which doesn’t work here.

Plus I bid on a few domains and same problem i.e. seller only accepts Paypal.

So I decided to create a Paypal account using of course fake address, city and country. My main purpose of this account is to buy and sell items and not to withdraw funds which I guess is not possible anyway. The account is a Personal one and not Premier/Business so here are a few questions:

1. I got an email to confirm the account which I did so now is it done? I mean am I good to go now and no further verification is required? Can I receive and send money? Keep in mind that this is my main purpose and not to withdraw funds. So all money I receive by selling domains will be spent in buying domains later. I hope I can use it that way!?

2. In personal account features it was written that I can only receive funds through Paypal Balance and not using Credit Card or Debit Card! what does that mean? Will it work most of the time or do I need to change it to Premier/Business account?

[/quote]

What will happen is this. Paypal’s system has known from the very start that you are a Pakistani. It knows this because it does an IP address to country mapping (check out maxmind.com if you want to know more).

However until you receive your first payment into your paypal account, the paypal website will not let on that it knows. When you receive your first payment and try to spend that money Paypal will freeze your account and demand that you provide proof of address and identity before you can withdraw or send any money. Since you don’t actually live in India or Panama or whatever fake address you gave you can’t oblige paypal. So you will loose all your money.

@multichoice

Plus I found out later that GoDaddy the largest domain registrar doesn’t accept unverified Paypal accounts so it’s out of question now :(

My main purpose was to sell domains I currently have, get payment in Paypal and then use it to purchase domains from GoDaddy.

[/quote]

You can buy domains from godaddy using ubl wiz card. Also you will find that most domain buyers will be willing to pay you via a godaddy e-gift card. If you are desperate to sell the domains you can do that.

If you intend to sell a lot and are in it for the long term then research these 3rd party companies that allow you to accept paypal:

http://abdussamad.com/archives/119-Receiving-Paypal-payments-in-Pakistan.html

Yup I know the IP address thing. Just wanted to check if there is some way to get past the first hurdle of verifying and then I can worry about IP address later.

Waiting for my ID card renewal after which I will apply for UBL wiz.

I was looking at no. of countries supported by both Paypal and Moneybookers and the later wins by huge margin!

Moneybookers : 242

Paypal: 190

Moneybookers even support North Korea wow!

Now 2checkout supports paypal..........

i have a paypal account with my UBL wiz card ,

and i am using it from more then 3 months ,

and usually i pay to different websites around 200 USD monthly,

never seen a problem in my expirence ,

Just , i cant withdraw my money , simple means it is good for one way transactions ,

i receive money from advertising companies like bidvertiser etc , i cant withdraw it ,

i a also not much entrusted to withdraw funds , because there are many places where i can spend i t , like hosting services , domains etc

check the alexa more people are jumping towards Moneybookers , techman use "escrow" for such payments you can deposit with any payment method and buyer can withdraw from paypal or any other :)

I was looking at no. of countries supported by both Paypal and Moneybookers and the later wins by huge margin!

Moneybookers : 242

Paypal: 190

Moneybookers even support North Korea wow!

[/quote]

Actually paypal fully supports 45 countries only. By fully support I mean send, receive and withdraw to local bank or credit/debit card. They have absurd partial support for some countries. For example in some countries you can receive money but not send it and in other countries you can receive and send but not withdraw :).

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside

Moneybookers has its own problems too though. When it comes to withdrawal for most countries you have to withdraw via bank transfer. But most banks use correspondent banks for SWIFT transfer and last I checked moneybookers did not support correspondent banks.